How to backup up the entire setup before customisation

Hi All

First post on this forum and have the following question.

I have a brand new 18 R3 spec below and have configured W8 and i am now ready to blast everything and put on my copy of W7U as i cant stand W8. What i cannot find out how to do is

4th Generation Intel Corei7-4900MQ processor (Overlocked, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo
Boost)
18.4 inch (467.36mm) WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display 1 SR
Anodized Aluminum 1 SR
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz 1 SR
1TB 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s + 80GB mSATA SSD Caching 1 SR
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVDRW, CD-RW) 1 SR
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI Enabled 1 SR
Broadcom 4352 802.11 ac 2x2 and Bluetooth 4.0 1 SR
5G WiFi Broadcom 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 driver 1 SR
620-AALL Windows 8 /Pro OS Media MUI

Backup the entire system all the partitions etc so if i either want to go back to W8 or need to start from scratch i can just do a recovery.
I have searched about but cannot find any detailed way of doing this.

I will be replacing the 80Gb SSD and the 1Tb drive for larger versions.

The system came with 3 CD/DVDs and i am presuming that these would place the entire system back to factory if i was to use them?

Hope that someone can help?

The easiest way and the way I do it is pull the OS drive put and put it away. Then install new drive and do what you like. Reason I do this is if there is a problem and I need to call Dell Support the first thing they are going to complain is they want the W8 and my changing it caused what ever is wrong. It just saves problems down the road. Now that said you can clone your drive to another one and put it away is the best way. Oh and welcome to the group..:cool:

Hi Alienwulf

Thats what i thought of but it looks like Dell has done a mix of things with the drive.

The MSATA looks like it is in caching mode and there are partitions all over the place including recovery ones when I go into disk managment which only shows one drive, so not sure where the MSATA is listed (it is listed in the device manager though.)

Am I presuming right that if the MSATA is in caching mode then everything is on the 1Tb drive so just a copy of this via Ghost etc. would allow me a backup as you have suggested?

Yes thats what I did the difference was mine was set up for Raid0 as I had to HD's with the OS so I cloned to the mSata removed the OS drive booted into Bios and set the mSata as the Ist drive. put the drives away and installed the new storage drives.I used this http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html
I use it a lot as it will works well with SSD's and is free. I purchased it as I use it a lot. Oh I think I had to also go into Intel Rapid Share an un -set the mSata from cashing.