how to Extend C drive???

Danio

May 18, 2021
melbourne
Hi, my pc crashes lots due to low disk space on c drive. Disk 0 with 119.2 Gb contains Drive C 117GB, Disk 1 with 939.31Gb contains D Drive and E Drive. i have 93 GB unallocated space in Disk 1 but cannot move it to Disk 0 C Drive??

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
You will need to move data from the C: drive to one of you other drives. If you have movies/pictures that you don't really need on your main drive then it's easy to drag and drop them across to another drive.
Either that or you will need to buy a larger SSD for your C: drive and reinstall Windows or use cloning software.

Danio

May 18, 2021
melbourne
You will need to move data from the C: drive to one of you other drives. If you have movies/pictures that you don't really need on your main drive then it's easy to drag and drop them across to another drive.
Either that or you will need to buy a larger SSD for your C: drive and reinstall Windows or use cloning software.

Attachments

• 20210519_122443.jpg
    20210519_122443.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210520_220333.jpg
    20210520_220333.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
To find the drivers and downloads for your laptop you first need to find the Service Tag sticker on the bottom of your laptop. Go to the Dell Website and click on Support and enter your Service Tag in the large box. Then you go to Drivers and Downloads and all of the available drivers, applications and BIOS versions will be listed.
If you do decide to update your BIOS (do at your own risk) then it's best to do each available version in order. Do not jump multiple versions ahead. To find all the available versions you need to click the down arrow on the righthand side next to where it says DOWNLOAD and it will open up and say Older Versions. Click on this.

Reactions: Danio

Danio

May 18, 2021
melbourne
Updating and installing drivers will fix the problem? i dont wanna take risk updating BIOS coz i dont know much about these stuff. Yesterday it crashed again and said Boot Faliure on device, did not reboot the whole day and this morning its fine again. usually after crashing it says scanning hardware issues but yestarday directly boot faliure.

ArcWhyte

May 17, 2021
Nigeria
Updating and installing drivers will fix the problem? i dont wanna take risk updating BIOS coz i dont know much about these stuff. Yesterday it crashed again and said Boot Faliure on device, did not reboot the whole day and this morning its fine again. usually after crashing it says scanning hardware issues but yestarday directly boot faliure.
Have no fear.... I battled this issue for months....Support assistant is the cause of this problem.,... Just uninstall support assistant.... It's buggy and causing this problem