How to speed up my R3?

pd_phoenix

Hi there,
After a conversation about optimization, a guy advised trying the creative mode or the game mode.
I checked in the command center and I can only find the game mode.
What I'm trying to figure out is the following:
  1. Is there a way to improve the performance when it comes to 3D software? I use C4D, Blender 3D, I do particle simulations and a few other 3d related tasks. I was expecting some better results from my Alienware, not that is bad, but I have the feeling somehow I'm not taking full advantage from the Threadripper.
  2. Sometimes the fans spin quite intense generating quite a lot of noise. Should I leave that as is or is there something I can do in order to optimize it?
I did a test using the Support Assist / Scan Hardware: at some point, after I launched the test, it got quite intense, I never heard the fan spinning that much, and the noise was only increasing and getting worse. I think the temperature was going above 105 degrees. I then interrupted the test. Was that normal?

I hope someone can shed some light on my questions.
Thanks

LukeG310

Hi, open up your case and see if there is dust in there, specially where your radiator is. Use compressed air or take the case a gas station and use the air for the tires to give it a good cleaning.

pd_phoenix

Thank you, LukeG310

It turns out the CPU was defective.
I have got it replaced and now everything is back to normal.