I’m back.

DDuB420

What’s up Alienowners.
Been a min but I’m back to update my shit and add some new content to the site. I just acquired a 2018 Alienware 13 R3 through a trade tonight for a jailbroken 2018 64GB iPad Pro. :cool:
I see a lot of my dell service manual threads are fuckered thanks to dell shifting their urls around/killing support. That probably will be the first thing I address. What’s up SWAT_glock and Mattyb!

It feels good to be back.
See you guys around.

MattyB

Good to see you. What you been up to? Been more than a minute I reckon.

I had a bit of a hiatus too after getting married and having a few kids but now I've got back into fixing up old AW machines. It's good to be back in the game.

DDuB420

Got divorced and moved to a different part of the country. Finally settled in and the Alienware itch started coming back. Up to a few weeks ago I still used my M17xR3 from 2012. That thing is a beast and it’s still fast AF now in 2019. I just upgraded the m2 ssd’s in my AW13R3 to 2TB and tomorrow I’m applying a custom vinyl skin to protect this thing. It’s in mint condition and I want to keep it that way. I’ll post some pics probably on the weekend.
See you around.

DDuB420

@MattyB I would of painted in 2013 but since then vinyl wraps have grown on me. I use textured dbrand wraps that give more grip and a more premium feel than paint. Wait till I post some pics, it might change your mind. @SWAT_Glock Same here.

MattyB

I'm sure you're right. I've started doing paint mods to all my machines and my most recent one (AW 17 R1) came out fantastic and with the clear coating it is way more durable than the stock paint. I find myself sitting at my desk at night running my hand over it.
I tried to make that sound less creepy but failed.

MattyB

Wow that's an interesting look. As I can't paint the softtouch palmrest, this would be great to put on.

DDuB420

The top lid/lip skin look pretty dope too. It’s a Matrix/Swarm combo. Be prepared to spend some hours putting this on. I’ll make a thread on it soon. Been a bit busy lately.1F1E7660-8EBC-41B6-86FB-449FE572FDA8.jpeg