test

i am now running sli titan sc

holeyguy66

omg i am in tears of joy. i got a small oc on both titans. no oc on the cpu. i am still waiting on other parts for new build but dang im happy with what i got now.
20140316_093053_zps0138507c.jpg

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1874522 just dropped in the other titan to see if it worked. took a bit to get the surround to work. but got it. but man does it run hot with the factory cooler on it

Alienwulf

Ya they do the 7990 I had was blister hot, why I got the dual Mars cards. Looks nice like the setup you got there. I see the PSU has enough power to run them knew it could. You going to water cool it also. Lot of cash setting there..lol :cool:

holeyguy66

yea i am . and actually it didnt have enough to run them both in fc3. as soon as i upped the temp target on the bottom card it clocked back up to 1085 i heard the fans struggle to hold there set and boom shut down. so in benchmarks its enough in some games it isnt. but i love it man. they are chewing everything up i throw at them so far

MattyB

Awesome mate! Better juice up that PSU!
At least you don't have that metal sheet running under the bottom GPU like I had on my Aurora. That thing gave no airflow to the bottom card and pushed my temps sky high. They are not the best designed dual card cases that's for sure.

holeyguy66

well i did have that devider in but i cut it to give more airflow. and regardless this thing runs hot with the stock cooler. man is it hot. i cant wait to order the block for it. but i knew i was pushing the limits of this psu man. i finally seen confermation of my 1kw psu being shipped so hopefully ill have that soon so i can order the rest of my case and move on to building. in the mean time i might try to find another area 51 1100 like i had. that was like 50 bux. i will tell you 2 titans are a monster. i set the supersampling in bf4 to 150% and was getting the same fps as it set to 100 with just one titan. using just a tad over 3 gigs of vram it was blasting frames

MattyB

Nice work! It's good to see that you're finally getting into some good gaming these days too. I've held off getting BF4 but I may have to try it out. Still have never got into online gaming yet...................

holeyguy66

man if anything get fc3. ive hit a snag on it. im gonna do a complete wipe with ccleaner with uplay and all fc3 files then start over but ive beat it. fc3 seemed to be the game to really test out these cards power and like i said once i upped the tep target and it clocked back up to its boost clock i got a shut down. but i did hear the fans kinda struggle to hold the rpm once i entered the game like they just drawn that much power to drag the fans down. yea i know own a power hungry aurora. lol. yea i think the low wattage statements on the titans are null and void at this point. to power these 2 and what i have added to this case its gonna take a big psu to do it. i really play online with people i know and can talk to com is key in co-op and multiplayer play. if you get bf4 ill get my sound figured out and ill play with ya.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2682581i think im gonna call it quits before i fry my last powerful psu. i need it to hold on for just a little bit longer till i gather all my parts for my giant

MattyB

It's a date! Hahaha! Nice scores. Better than 98% isn't too bad! :p

I have my eye on the EVGA 1300W PSU. With the new, and hopefully low watt, 800 series not too far away these big PSU's may not be needed but it would be nice to have.

holeyguy66

well it is always nice to hav e a big psu for all the other stuff thats running off it too.im gonna try to run 4 360 rads in a push pull config so 6 fans per rad plus the fan for just air intake plus the gpus and lights pumps and so forth im wondering if 1kw is enough. its not just the components you need the power for. i think i can score better once i have a bigger psu installed. we will see though

Alienwulf

That's why I went with the area 1.2 PSU a Mars can hit 479 per card on benchmarks less on normal gaming. Got a P18859 on 3dmark11 with two cards. Who ever said 760's don't rock? I'll have to try Firestrike as everyone seems to use it now.

holeyguy66

That's why I went with the area 1.2 PSU a Mars can hit 479 per card on benchmarks less on normal gaming. Got a P18859 on 3dmark11 with two cards. Who ever said 760's don't rock? I'll have to try Firestrike as everyone seems to use it now.
i just found another 1100 for 51 bux. i tried for the 1.2 i cant ever find them and if i do they are ungodly expensive. i just need more room for better cooling. and air flow threw out the case. i love my aurora but its time i move on to bigger things since i have the mentality go big or go home. ill have to find my mark11 and run it just to see what i get on it. firestrike is just the newest benchmark out

sway

These are two awesome benches, there's ranked lists on ocn for these. They're free to use, just hit f9 to start bench in both, f12 for screenshot of score at the end. Valley should be ran at extreme hd setting @1080p, heaven you'll have to choose custom bc it slightly differs, max out everything though and use 1080p. Doesn't matter if heaven is full screen or not. I'm curious for the scores.

@holeguy66 you could start a thread on those benches if you want, keep this thread clean.

http://unigine.com/products/valley/

http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

tappin from the neXus 5

holeyguy66

sway i will run those as soon as i find a 1080p monitor. been looking most of the day and have my eye on a asus 24 inch ips. i found out the monitors have a big hit on my numbers. honestly i never knew it made a difference. but that was my sign i need to update. been wondering why ive been seeing people run 5760x1080 with one titan getting better scores then me. haha i just found out. and i am curently waiting on my 1.1kw pau to get here for the aurora so i can crank up the juice on the cards and cpu.

sway

sway i will run those as soon as i find a 1080p monitor. been looking most of the day and have my eye on a asus 24 inch ips. i found out the monitors have a big hit on my numbers. honestly i never knew it made a difference. but that was my sign i need to update. been wondering why ive been seeing people run 5760x1080 with one titan getting better scores then me. haha i just found out. and i am curently waiting on my 1.1kw pau to get here for the aurora so i can crank up the juice on the cards and cpu.

Cool, you should make a thread so more members can compare.

tappin from the neXus 5

sway

Either Windows os and software, or off topic. Unless a mod creates a bench section for us, and we can have separate bench threads, like one for heaven, one for valley, etc... to keep each one clean. This will help for comparisons on where performance should be compared to others.

tappin from the neXus 5

MattyB

Either Windows os and software, or off topic. Unless a mod creates a bench section for us, and we can have separate bench threads, like one for heaven, one for valley, etc... to keep each one clean.

tappin from the neXus 5

Now that sounds like a great idea!

778.jpg

holeyguy66

someone needs to run that by tommy. that is a great idea

well first things first before i go ordering a new monitor i have got to get the temps down on this card. i just ordered my ek block and back plate along with some new thermal compound. cant wait to get it running cooler so i can get the fans quite again. i forgot how loud this thing was.

sway

someone needs to run that by tommy. that is a great idea

well first things first before i go ordering a new monitor i have got to get the temps down on this card. i just ordered my ek block and back plate along with some new thermal compound. cant wait to get it running cooler so i can get the fans quite again. i forgot how loud this thing was.

I used that ek ectotherm stuff that came with my block, it works really well. I forgot to order what I thought was gonna be better tim for the gpu so I used that and im impressed by it. I've gone to 1.5v on my gpu and it doesn't break 50c, that's a lot of volts. My normal gaming use doesn't break 35c. Just in case you wanted to save a Lil.

Ek also provides gelid extreme for their cpu block, which according to a graph on a bunch of tested paste is the best...they don't skimp on anything.

tappin from the neXus 5