test

i go offline monday

holeyguy66

thats right starting monday i shut my rig down to start the mock up and build of my liquid cooling system in my r3. its gonna be fun and im gonna go crazy without my rig for that month. i am trying to get a laptop to borrow so i can upload pics as i progress through the lc build.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Cool. Yes, please post some pics. If you lived near me I would lend you a Lappy while you did it.

holeyguy66

its gonna be a rough build . they dont expect anyone to do any mods like this to an aw anymore so i got little room to work with. im gonna get some more cutting wheels for my drimel and get my drill bits from work. then i gotta take the mobo out and everything to keep metal shavings off the components. i think the worst part will be getting a radiator to fit up top and cutting the grille

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Having a steady hand with a Dremel is always difficult for me. You can use TapaTalk on your phone to update your progress here. Can even upload pics from your phone too.

holeyguy66

well i would update off my phone but i still aint got one since it got run over

JennyM

Good Luck with the cooling system - never seen one, very curious, lol! Commiserations on your poor phone! :)

holeyguy66

all i can say about alll the bad stuff you hear about liquid cooling setups mostly they leak well alot of that is lack of maintaining the loop also since i turn wrenches the fittings i have knowladge with. i am gonna use compression on my loop and i used compression fittings on my air ride on one of my trucks so they work the same just when you first install them you have to check them for tightness as they will start to get loose as the tube shrinks due to the heat that is goin through them at first other then that its refill the res when needed and treat it when needed also. when you hear the bad its normally someone thats had a bad experiance with them. sorta like the nividia vs radeon soem one that favors or the othewr ran into probs some wher down the line and vowed to never use said card again. its all trial and error and i love tinkering so i love the trail and error part. if it isnt custom then it nothing

Last edited:

holeyguy66

no biggie tommie im actually enjoying not having a phone. work cant call me after i get off wanting to know about a car i worked on or am working on lol