I installed a GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC in my Alienware x51 r2

Schmidii

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Guys.
For all the people who plan on upgrading their x51 r2 graphics card, you don't need a blower style type of card.
I Installed the GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC in my Alienware x51 r2 without any big problems.
Things I changed in the PC:
- I took away the little metal piece, that you can snap in to hold the graphics card, on the cage of the graphics card.
- I took out the CD cage
- and i leave the case open during gaming

My rig now (not exact)

Windows 10
gtx 1060 AERO ITX 6GB OC (before: gtx 960 2gb)
i7 processor
1tb ssd, 500 gb HDD
8GB RAM
330 WATT POWER SUPPLY (important for this card)

My temps with the new card:
30 ° idle (fan turned off
40 ° - 50 ° watching vids (fan turned off)
60 ° - 80 ° while gaming (60 ° with fan at 100%)

In bo 4 i have really smooth gameplay with everything on high.

I am not responsible if you try this card yourself and it dosen't work. Im just saying it works really good in my case.
So if you want try it out.

If you have questions feel free to ask

beandip

Oct 19, 2018
Hi, I just bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC), 06G-P4-6163-KR for my Alienware x51 r2, and not sure its going to work. Still new to the whole upgrading my pc and stuff, but i'm learning. I assume I should check my psu to see the how much power i'm getting, and can I upgrade the psu?

Schmidii

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, I just bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC), 06G-P4-6163-KR for my Alienware x51 r2, and not sure its going to work. Still new to the whole upgrading my pc and stuff, but i'm learning. I assume I should check my psu to see the how much power i'm getting, and can I upgrade the psu?
Hi, Im pretty sure that card should work.
If you currently have the 220Watt PSU you should upgrade to the 330Watt PSU or else the card doesen't get
enough power.
You can check the wattage of your gpu when you look under the brick.
If you have other questions feel free to ask.