I just ordered a 15r4 used

ernest.mecca

it hasn't come yet, and with the weather here in the states that's understandable
what is everyone's experience who's had one with the i7 8750h + GTX 1060?

HeyHoser

Had one since Oct/18, no problems so far, not strong enough for valve index

ernest.mecca

Had one since Oct/18, no problems so far, not strong enough for valve index
Ah, good to know :)
Turns out it was a scam anyway, so it never came and i didn't get my money back.
HOWEVER
I was able to get an m15 R1 though and have a complete setup with Alienware's last entry into the Epic Design before the Legend took over.image1 (2).jpg

MattyB

You didn't order it through eBay then?
That really sucks. No way of getting your money back?

ernest.mecca

It was on OfferUp, not sure if you have that in AUS. But of course I agreed to pay independently of the site which has certain purchase protections on it, so my only recourse was to try to contact the guy for a refund (as per PayPal's course of action), but of course they're not going to respond if they've gotten what they need from the scam. Since the actual funding for the purchase came from my PayPal Prepaid, I contacted them and filed a dispute, and didn't hear anything for over a month, until around the 12th of April saying they were "investigating".

MattyB

Good luck. If PayPal come back and say that they've sided with the other person then you can log a dispute, if you have evidence. I had to do this recently and they overturned the decision.

ernest.mecca

Good news, they sided with me! They had provided me with a provisional credit for the duration of the investigation and I was able to use that to complete the setup, which they updated to say was now permanent and won't be reversed.