test

I made it! Just Got an X51 R3 i6700 8GB GTX960 330W Need Stuff! EVGA GTX-1060 SC?

Blackice000

I already ordered an SSD and OEM chassis as well as 2x8gb DDR4 (2400) Not sure if it has liquid or fan cooling (it does have the optical drive so I'm thinking fan) not really sure it DIDN'T have an SSD already.

Now I am looking for the EVGA 1060 SC 6GB for a reasonable price.

If another version (PNY/Zotac/MSI/etc) would work as well, I would have no issues buying one.

Are there better options now that won't stress the 330W PS too much.

Mainly it will be a FSX/P3D/FPS (misc.) box. Maybe more later so stepped upgrades are fine.

This will be a HUGE update from my last gaming machine, hell it had a GTS 8800!

Any recommendations would be great, I look forward to maximizing it's performance for the games I typical play.

Thanks!

Rick
BlackIce

Last edited:

MURRARI

I already ordered an SSD and OEM chassis as well as 2x8gb DDR4 (2400) Not sure if it has liquid or fan cooling (it does have the optical drive so I'm thinking fan) not really sure it DIDN'T have an SSD already.

Now I am looking for the EVGA 1060 OC 6GB for a reasonable price.

If another version (PNY/Zotac/MSI/etc) would work as well, I would have no issues buying one.

Are there better options now that won't stress the 330W PS too much.

Mainly it will be a FSX/P3D/FPS (misc.) box. Maybe more later so stepped upgrades are fine.

This will be a HUGE update from my last gaming machine, hell it had a GTS 8800!

Any recommendations would be great, I look forward to maximizing it's performance for the games I typical play.

Thanks!

Rick
BlackIce

Welcome to the family.

There are plenty of threads on here about GPU usage with the X51. Blower style GPUs will provide the most effective cooling solution for the X51 although some users have been having luck with the 1060 mini cards.

Asus and PNY make a 1060 blower style GPU.

Asus: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-GTX1060-6G/

PNY: http://www.pny.com/geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-cg

Hope that helps.

Blackice000

That's all and well. Thanks for the info.

Why are they so damn expensive? The EVGA one was/is 289.99 RETAIL but you cannot find them anywhere!

Rick
BlackIce

Blackice000

Lame. It's an older card, you'd think they would have come out with a new one and the crypto folks would move on. I get it, lower power consumption, good performance, lower temps and small size. Same reason i want one for the R3

I hate price gougers had someone offer me a used one for $400!

Rick
BlackIce

MURRARI

Lame. It's an older card, you'd think they would have come out with a new one and the crypto folks would move on. I get it, lower power consumption, good performance, lower temps and small size. Same reason i want one for the R3

I hate price gougers had someone offer me a used one for $400!

Rick
BlackIce

Yeah. I really hate this whole crypto thing.