I pulled the trigger!!! Officially waiting for my X51 R2! (Dell shipping??)

Hey all just want to say thank you to the other forum members who were helping me decide which x51 to get ( shoot out between the I7-3770 16gb ram , 2TB hardrive and gtx. 660 , OR the I7-4770 with 8gb ram, 1tb hardrive & also the gtx. 660).

I ended up purchasing the newer model with the I7-4770. I already found a really good deal on vengeance ram and now I'm not stuck with a "dead socket" yes I know no games even use 16gb ram, but I do a bit of work on my desktop so I believe it help , but for now I believe 8gb will be sufficient.

My current set up is a amd based computer ( it was a budget computer I bought needed for work) , amd phenon II quad core, 3gb ram, radeon Hd 6670, a a very weak 250gb hardrive ( down to 160gb left ) . How do you think the x 51 will feel/compute/process compared to my current pc?

Also the company I ordered my x51 from gave me a estimated delivery date of 09/09/2013 ( 1 month). Stated that my name , phone # and address all needs to be processed by dell personally. And that they actually ship the computer out themselves. ( the manufacturer) . Also stated a signature IS NEEDED , is this true?

Does dell really take a month to ship? And I'm guessing my information is put on file for warranty?

Thanks all for help and I cannot wait for my alienware!!!!

with the 4770 model you can swap the wifi card out for a msata ssd to boost program speeds.

I have the first gen model, but I swapped the sandy bridge for a ivy bridge cpu.

Shit i was kinda looking forward to not having to use a usb wifi router any more!!! But i have heard that the SSD's loading and Program boosting speeds are unbeatable. I'll just wait to get my x51 and see how she goes. Oh by the way i got windows 8, (**GULP**) lol hope i made the right choice!!

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I'm slowly working my way into Windows 8. You will find that it boots and operates pretty quickly. 8.1 will be out soon which will get rid of a few buggy bits. One of my issues was how painful it was to shut down. I found a quick way to do it though now which has relieved some stress.

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
I love how everyone who gets Windows 8 acts like they're fixing to skydive or take a huge risk. It's the best performing Windows os to date, it looks awesome, so it starts on at the start screen (which has a fix, and a update soon) who cares. It's freaking smooth, fast and works great. I love the start screen, it's easy to use, organized, and functional...yes it's better on tablets but it's not that bad.

tappin from the Nexus 4

recDNA

Aug 20, 2013
Boston
I went with windows 7. I have a laptop with windows 8.1 beta. Went to Windows 8.1 because I hate Metro Screen. At least with touchscreen I can quickly make choices. I see no reason for lockscreen and metro screen on desktop w/o touch. Windows 8 does "work" very well. It's fast and wifi is very dependable. It's perfect for tablets. I just prefer the Windows 7 UI so much (on a desktop) I'm willing to run a slightly slower Windows.

Ok so After long Complications with QVC (getting my Easy pay order situated and approved) BARLEY getting it processed. What im wondering is how long does Dell/Alienware usually take to Build/ship a desktop pc? My Order went into Processing on 8/24 and today i got my Shipping info for my new Dell U2312HM 23" monitor (and its shipping out of Tennessee) but i know that the monitors are pre built and ready to ship. Im just wondering how long im gonna wait for my shipping info for my alienware :(

I just got my Shipping information today!!! So my X51 is shipping out of El Paso , Texas, it states it should be delivered by thursday end of the day, but i think thats a little long. Usually when i buy an item and it ships with ups and it ships a on a thursday or friday with a weekend (especially) it gets into my ups location on monday morning and then i usually get my item on tuesday. Im Hoping that will happen. as i stated earlier my Dell U2313HM is shipping out of tennessee and it says it should be delivered on tuesday. So im hoping they'll get delivered the same day!!! Will update !!

Pandavio

Oct 3, 2013
Texs, USA
Just got mine!

Shit i was kinda looking forward to not having to use a usb wifi router any more!!! But i have heard that the SSD's loading and Program boosting speeds are unbeatable. I'll just wait to get my x51 and see how she goes. Oh by the way i got windows 8, (**GULP**) lol hope i made the right choice!!

I just got my X51 R2 2 days ago. I got the I5 4430 with 8 GB 1333 mhz ram and GTX 645 GPU. So far I'm impressed. Been running heavy games (Newest MMOs & FPS) on highest settings with no issues what so ever. Multitasking is impressively smooth. Only issue I've had is that it took me a while to figure out the right resolution for my HDTV. Ended up being 1920x1080 on desktop and 1880x1020 in-game, not sure why the diff but it still looks absolutely amazing!!!!!! I've been a hardcore gamer for 8 years and this is by far one of the best computers I have used. My previous was a dell E521 with 1 GB nvidia card and 16 Gigs of ram on a 2.6 Ghz AMD processor, x51 leaves it in the trash. I literally won't even turn it on anymore lol. My main concern is the PSU I only have the 240 watt (default with the I5) and it is more than enough power, but it limits me for upgrades :/ i wanted to get a 400 watt PSU and drop an AMD 3GB card in it but can't find a good compatible one. Still, the computer looks, feels amazing and just has an Aura of awesomeness. It's so small that I forget it is there until i turn it on and see my Red on Green Alien Accent lights :D