i started ordering liquid cooling parts

holeyguy66

so i have decided to liquid cool my gpus. before you tell me im gonna spend enough money to buy a newer more bad ass card let me ask you one question. what makes you aurora yours besides it being an alienware and being able to say that proudly. at the moment i have this in my drive bay

that worked till i went to this

now my added controller is only 6 watts a channel i need atleast 30 watts to push this 175 cfm fan to cool my cards in this tight space.
so if im haveing to get rid of this beautiful addition to my rig i might as well go liquid cooled
i have these on the way

the stand alone res is strictly to add copacity and really to take up the extra drive slot behond my door. plus adds to the lovely alien theme.
yes i will have enough money tied into this when im done but this will set my aurora apart from the normal. i will keep the pics coming as i order parts and once its all here get a bulk shot and install pics going.
more to come after my wedding on saterday

holeyguy66

all i have to add at the moment is i got one of my blocks in a few weeks ago my phone got run over so that has taken priority at the moment.

holeyguy66

this is the first time im gonna ever use koolance i have a rig i built and i uesd the thermaltake bigwather system. the res i bought to go with it is made by alphacool

holeyguy66

just ordered my last water block yesterday. when it comes in i can start mocking up for fittings and hoses. then the large task of a radiator

holeyguy66

there is a link floating around that they are tring to make an m18x liquid cooled i believe

holeyguy66

this is what i have so far for my liquid cooling setup still need hose fittings and coolant.

holeyguy66

well its time for me to say farewell for now as of tomorrow afternoon i am shutting my rig down to get started on this lc kit. i will keep yall posted when i can

sway

Good luck, gonna be sweet, can't wait to see some pics when you're done.

Sent from my paranoid Nexus 7

holeyguy66

take one last look cuz it the tear down starts in a few mins
this nice shinny controller is coming out and all the above stuff goin in. again when i can i will post up pics of the progress

holeyguy66

well i found out yesterday that both my cards are not a referance pcb and my koolance blocks are for referance pcb's. this sux alot. but no worries i found a site that showed me what will work. so for future referance xfx radeons are not referancxe design pcb's also if it includes diirt3 it wont be ither so keep that in the back of your mond in case your goin to do this as well or wanna know. but i have the ok to borrow the laptop im on so ill get pics of the case tore down and the top prt i had to cut on the site tonight. and yikes i wish i could say i had the cash its just i have to do this man my idle temps are 57c which is 137f and thats to high i think this is the cause of my lock ups.

holeyguy66

wel i have some pics for yall not much but i got some done and as far as the case well ill let the pic show you of what it looks like so far
as you can see the inside is well rather bear.
got the top piece cut out a little they use the same piece for the non alx and alx xhassis i had to cut where the fins and motor would be mounted out. i will be ordering a radiator friday so not much more i can do till i get them in. after all the cutting and drilling is done thats when the reall progess pics start right now these are to hold ya over and make it that much more exciteing. but here are some pics of my pcb's on my gpu's
i just ordered some copper heat sinks for the vrm and mosfet i will be getting more friday as well. but not much more i can do or show you till the real work begains. see yall hopefully next week with more parts

Last edited:

holeyguy66

well today i put the koolance res/pump unit and got the stand alone mounted or well got it to fit. the drve bays have metal tabs for the drives to side into i had to cut the front 2 off and got it smooth down now it slides freely too freely. but i got that handled its called 2 sided tape he he