I was defeated by the killer wireless

henrykira

So I got my new 14 nearly a week ago.

However the killer wireless adapter is not friendly with any router I have. Once it is connected, all my other devices fail to work well online.

Anyone has the same issue with me?

MattyB

Funny you should say that. The Killer really is a killer. While I'm at work I live in a house with 3 or 4 other people. When i have my M18x going, all the other guys have major issues with their connections. It's kind of funny actually. It seems to want it all for itself!

ejohnson

Odd, I have 5 computers running killer cards ranging from the 1102, 1103, and 1202. Then an aditional bunch of computers running other wifi cards... no problems here.

MattyB

Do you have the same issue when you connect your 14?

I haven't tried yet but I will have a look tonight (my tonight)

Odd, I have 5 computers running killer cards ranging from the 1102, 1103, and 1202. Then an aditional bunch of computers running other wifi cards... no problems here.

Maybe when a group of killers get together they lose their killer instinct and learn how to share :p

The guy in the house who has the most issues with it knows 10 times more than me about these things. I have no idea what the problem is/was. He had to do some IP address thing with his machine to fix the issue. He just said that the moment I get in the house and start up, everything goes to shit.