i7 3630Q, temperature 60C

johannesynt

Dec 15, 2012
Italy
Hi! I want to know if these temperature of CPU are normal (while the pc are surfing on firefox, with some programs running, like steam; look at the screenshot). AlienAutopsy show only one temperature, and i think there is the avergae of 4 cores. But with others software, like speedfan or HWmonitor, i read different temperatures (more less).
The 4th cores (core 03) is always hotter.Is it normal?

Anyway, i read that alienware thermal paste doesn't work well, and maybe i'll repaste. But now i want to know about temperature with a new alienware m14x (default thermal paste).

Alienautopsy60.jpg

EDIT: while i'm playing Skyrim, 1600x900, ULTRA details, antialiasing 8x and antisotropic 16x, the temperature of 4th core stays on 70C (so the others cores probably a littel bit low), with speedfan meter.
I think 70C while i'm gaming woth these details is a good temperature.

Last edited:

johannesynt

Dec 15, 2012
Italy
Do you have a cooling stand?
No. I prefer to using the laptop without a stand.I know that a cooling stand helps to decrease temperatures, but a laptop should be designed for working without a stand.
Anyway, now i'm monitoring cpu's temperatures with coretemp software, and in the same situation of the screenshot (some programs running, but nothing stong like a game), the cores remains on 47-53 C degrees. So i think alineautopsy doesn't work perfectly about temperatures monitoring.

So, with or without a cooling stand, 53C degrees on light working and 70C on full gaming, are good temperatures? I read that for i7 3630qm, a dangerous temperature is > 100C, exaclty above 105C...