i7 5960X / GTX 980 SLI - REVIEW!!

I have thought about selling my Custom PC minus my Video Cards and buying one of these. I can't buy any more PCS unless I sell one.

jakedima

Just got mine three weeks ago... Tested on witcher 3, dragon age inquisitions and ac unity.. All in 3k/4k all maxed out... It's amazing. Simply amazing.
(5960x, 32gb ram, 3way sli 980)

Waiting for the directx 12 drivers to have full access to the 3way sli potential

RmeGi7

Nice Man! make a video!! I dont understand Direct 12 and SLI for the most part. I dont think the memory will stack up 4+4=4gig / not 8? Is there something I dont know yet?

RmeGi7

Just got mine three weeks ago... Tested on witcher 3, dragon age inquisitions and ac unity.. All in 3k/4k all maxed out... It's amazing. Simply amazing.
(5960x, 32gb ram, 3way sli 980)

Waiting for the directx 12 drivers to have full access to the 3way sli potential
Nice man!! Make sure and do a video when you can! I still dont understand the Direct 12. So, 4g + 4g = 8g of memory? Is this correct. Help me understand if you know. Congrats!!

jakedima

Apparently yes, DirectX 12 will allow memory stacking. Two or three GPUs will act as "one big GPU" if you can imagine something like that.
IMHO it won't be exactly the same as having an 8Gb or 12Gb single card, however it will be a huge gain in performances, if they're telling us the truth.
More important they are optimized by Nvidia directly and they're focused on getting the better from SLI configurations. This is all in theory because all these gains depends on the single game optimization by the producers to get all the better from DX12...

RmeGi7

Interesting! I've google it. Some "PC Gamer Guru's" are saying that SLI will not stack! I dont know man. Anywho, as long as there is a performance increase... I'm good!

jakedima

SLI will not stack VRAM for games that have been already published, unless some "divine intervention" by each developement team, moved by the insane pursuit of upgrading them all to DX12... DX12 will just give the opportunity to do that...
I've only hope for CDProjectRed (Witcher 3): these guys have shown some attention to the pc version of the game. :)

For the games that are scheduled to be published after september... We will see... The possibility is in their hands and the big success is waiting for those who will follow this road, I think...

Last edited:

jakedima

P.s. sorry for my bad english, I didn't use it for a couple of years and I'm trying to get it back to a basic level

jakedima

Just got an Acer XB321HK monitor... (4k with G-Sync)
It's a life-change....

Witcher 3 in 4k maxed out 52-60 fps
The Division 2k maxed out 60fps (the only one too demanding for 4k maxed out)
Far Cry Primal 4k maxed out 60fps
Doom 4k maxed out 50-60fps
Dark Souls 3 4k maxed out 60 fps
And so on... I thought to upgrade the GPUs with Pascal Technology... But for now it works just fine.... Maybe in the future