in the market for a new psu

holeyguy66

welp its that time for me to buy a new psu. ive been having strange shutdown and reboots even at factory clocks. after googleing and cursing for a few hours. i found something of almost same problems. i completly forgot i had 2 more dell psu laying around. i popped out my area 51 1100 watt for my 875. and what do you know no shut downs yet. this sucks this money was for a new case but seems i need other things first. any suggestions. ive been eye balling an ocz 1250 but now have second thoughts. as toshiba just bought them out.

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

well just ran a few benchmarks and tomb raider benchs. found out i could actually get a little higher on my gpu clock before fail. this sucks my cpu is back to factory clocks and i cant oc till i get a new psu. o the joys of pc

sway

the funny thing is i was just looking at that and the 1500 watt bad boy last night. but will it fit in an aurora thats the deciding factor. i only know of corsair and ocz psu to work so far

Not sure about the fitment since I don't have one, but I know some really reputable people on ocn recommend that specific psu for multiple gpus like titans, 780s/ti. I love corsair, I have the ax860, but they're really expensive when there's the same or better out there for cheaper.

tappin from the neXus 5

holeyguy66

yea i know man corsair is high dollar for what they are. but i do have a case ot 2 it will fit in. i have 2 other aw cases that arent being used. a big ole green p1 and a huge silver dragon

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=120-PG-1500-VRi think i found my psu. for a few bucks more i can get the nex 1500 classified. with christmas money i omly shell out 150 for it. what cought me with this one was the oc mode that bumps the output to 1650 constant. and when am i gonna run out of power.( insert tim tayler grunt here)