Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework

D0M1N13

Hello Aliens !

I went to the Dell website and entered my Service Tag number to download the appropriate drivers for my Alienware 18. I saw that the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework was not included for me to download. Although I have the option to download it. Now, what does the Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework driver do ? Should I install it on my Alienware 18 running Windows 7 ? Is this important ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ! :)

shankc

I read on the dell website that its for windows 7x64 and 8x64 but then I was told on another forum that it is only for windows 8 from what someone had read on the Intel site. So if I was you I would leave it a couple of weeks let others download it and see what they say about it working on windows 7 and if it makes any difference in performance

D0M1N13

I read on the dell website that its for windows 7x64 and 8x64 but then I was told on another forum that it is only for windows 8 from what someone had read on the Intel site. So if I was you I would leave it a couple of weeks let others download it and see what they say about it working on windows 7 and if it makes any difference in performance

Thank you so much shankc! :) I really appreciate your feedback. As I did more research on it, I saw the votes for how many users running Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 were using this driver. For Windows 7, they only reported 10%, for Windows 8 and 8.1, they reported 90%. :) Also, this driver is to regulate between the CPU temperature vs the computer's temperature. So, I guess I'll leave it alone.

Thanks once again for your reply, ShankC! :)