Introduction :)

Smith-Wesson

Hi folks,

Just a quick hello, I ordered an alienware 17 on Friday and cannot wait to get it. I be taken a big step as I'm an apple fan boy but the specs for less money just was too much to resist and the alienware is the only laptop than could pull me away from Apple.

Anyways my spec should (if I've set it up correctly) be in my signature.

Sarah

Hello :) Welcome to the forum and I hope you love your 17 when it arrives :) It's really nice machine and your specs are quite similar to mine. I wish mine had 2TB storage too but that much space was too expensive when I ordered mine :( If delivery is as efficient as mine was then you should get it sometime next week.

Smith-Wesson

Hi Sarah,

Yes I'm looking forward to getting it to be honest :) it's going to be used for photo editing predominantly with a tad of video editing every now and then :)
I spoke to dell to order it and they are trying to get it to me before the 28th as I'm going on holiday and want to take it with me haha :)

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Yes I'm looking forward to getting it to be honest :) it's going to be used for photo editing predominantly with a tad of video editing every now and then :)
I spoke to dell to order it and they are trying to get it to me before the 28th as I'm going on holiday and want to take it with me haha :)

Well here's hoping for the 28th or sooner :) Dell UK are usually pretty quick with these things - I ordered mine on July 15 and it was delivered on the 25th :)

Yours will be superb for what you're planning - and it won't be a sucker at games either :D

Smith-Wesson

That is super quick. In that case it could potentially be here for the 24th then :) I keep tracking it just incase haha

Yeah it should be perfect, I'll be getting another 23" monitor for use when at home but theoretically I shouldn't require a desktop pc now I have this with it's 32GB ram. That's what made me buy it in the first place plus the flexibility of upgrading components over time aswell which is a pain in the ass in mac's.