test

iPhone 5 Jailbreak Released

DDuB420

About 15mins ago the the Jailbreak for all iDevices running iOS6 (except Apple TV 3) came out.
SUPPORTED:
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4
iPad mini
iPod touch 4th generation
iPod touch 5th generation

The jailbreak works on 6.0.1 - 6.1 firmwares and is very easy to do. :)
Just follow the instructions that the Jailbreak program tells you and it should take less that 5 mins to accomplish.
If you have a iPhone, I recommend you jailbreak it :cool:

Now you can Alienware theme up your iPhone 5, iPad mini ...etc just like my work iPhone 4S, Here's a video:

[video=youtube;m6zwPakU0pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=m6zwPakU0pk[/video]​

Download from the Evad3rs site:
www.evasi0n.com

Windows version I mirrored: http://www.mediafire.com/?1fod2n1y6g40xu7

ENJOY

Commy1

Jailbreaking a phone is against the terms, but Apple wouldn't come after you, just tell you that you're not longer covered by any warranty. I'm pretty sure that's the jist of it.

DDuB420

Jailbreaking is legal, and it doesnt void your warranty :rolleyes: You just have to restore your iPhone back to stock (press restore in itunes) and youll have your warranty back because you'll have a stock iPhone again.

Ive been doing this for years :)

Some info on legalities...

Jailbreaking a device involves circumventing its technological protection measures (in order to allow root access and running alternative software), so its legal status is affected by laws regarding circumvention of digital locks, such as laws protecting digital rights management (DRM) mechanisms. Many countries do not have such laws, and some countries have laws including exceptions for jailbreaking.

International treaties have influenced the development of laws affecting jailbreaking. The 1996 World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Copyright Treaty requires nations party to the treaties to enact laws against DRM circumvention. The American implementation is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which includes a process for establishing exemptions for non-copyright-infringing purposes such as jailbreaking. In Europe the treaty has been implemented by the 2001 European Copyright Directive, which requires member states of the European Union to implement legal protections for technological protection measures. The Copyright Directive includes exceptions allowing breaking those measures for non-copyright-infringing purposes, such as jailbreaking to run alternative software,[25] but member states vary on the implementation of the directive.
Canada

In November 2012, Canada amended its Copyright Act with new provisions prohibiting tampering with digital locks, with exceptions including software interoperability.[26] Jailbreaking a device to run alternative software is a form of circumventing digital locks for the purpose of software interoperability.

There had been several efforts from 2008-2011 to amend the Copyright Act (Bill C-60, Bill C-61, and Bill C-32) to prohibit tampering with digital locks, along with initial proposals for C-11 that were more restrictive,[27] but those bills were set aside. In 2011, Michael Geist, a Canadian copyright scholar, cited iPhone jailbreaking as a non-copyright-related activity that could be prohibited by overly-broad Copyright Act amendments.[28]
India

India's copyright law permits circumventing DRM for non-copyright-infringing purposes.[29][30] Parliament introduced a bill including this DRM provision in 2010 and passed it in 2012 as Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2012.[31] India is not a signatory to the WIPO Copyright Treaty that requires laws against DRM circumvention, but being listed on the US Special 301 Report "Priority Watch List" applied pressure to develop stricter copyright laws in line with the WIPO treaty.[29][30]
Singapore

Jailbreaking might be legal in Singapore if done to provide interoperability and not circumvent copyright, but that has not been tested in court.[32]
United States

Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, jailbreaking iPhones is legal in the United States, although Apple has announced that the practice "can violate the warranty".[33] Restoring a device with iTunes removes the jailbreak.[34][35][36]

In 2010, in response to a request by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the U.S. Copyright Office explicitly recognized an exemption to the DMCA to permit jailbreaking in order to allow iPhone owners to use their phones with applications that are not available from Apple's store, and to unlock their iPhones for use with unapproved carriers.[37][38] Apple had previously filed comments opposing this exemption and indicated that it had consider jailbreaking to be a violation of copyright (and by implication prosecutable under the DMCA). Apple's request to define copyright law to include jailbreaking as a violation was denied as part of the 2009 DMCA rulemaking. In their ruling, the Library of Congress affirmed on July 26, 2010 that jailbreaking is exempt from DMCA rules with respect to circumventing digital locks. DMCA exemptions must be reviewed and renewed every three years or else they expire. In 2012, the Copyright Office renewed the jailbreaking exemption for phones but declined to approve a new exemption for tablet computers such as iPads, due to the vague definition of "tablet" in the proposed exemption.[39] The Copyright Office also renewed the 2010 exemption for unofficially unlocking phones to use them on unapproved carriers, but restricted this exemption to phones purchased before January 2013.[39]

Tim Wu, a professor at Columbia Law School, argued in 2007 that jailbreaking is "legal, ethical, and just plain fun."[40] Wu cited an explicit exemption issued by the Library of Congress in 2006 for personal unlocking, which notes that locks "are used by wireless carriers to limit the ability of subscribers to switch to other carriers, a business decision that has nothing whatsoever to do with the interests protected by copyright" and thus do not implicate the DMCA.[41] Wu did not claim that this exemption applies to those who help others unlock a device or "traffic" in software to do so.[40] In 2010 and 2012, the U.S. Copyright Office approved exemptions to the DMCA that allow iPhone users to jailbreak their devices legally.[42] It is still possible Apple may employ technical countermeasures to prevent jailbreaking or prevent jailbroken phones from functioning, but it will not be able to sue users who jailbreak.[43] It is also unclear whether it is legal to traffic in the tools used to make jailbreaking easy.[43]
New Zealand

New Zealand's copyright law allows the use of technological protection measure (TPM) circumvention methods as long as the use is for legal, non-copyright-infringing purposes.[44][45] This law was added to the Copyright Act 1994 as part of the Copyright (New Technologies) Amendment Act 2008.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

wait, jail breaking doesn't void your warranty? I beg to differ, it is legal but voids warranty. Unless things have changed already of course...

DDuB420

I repeat.... It cant void your warranty if you restore to stock :cool:
They cant tell the difference if you flash Unmodified Apple firmware (stock) ontop of the Modded Apple firmware (jailbroken).

yikes81

Apple in Australia has admitted that jail breaking is not illegal. It also does not void warranty, but if you put in a jailbroken iPhone, then they do not have to support it. As stated above, restore it via iTunes and all will be well.

Sent via Tapatalk

DDuB420

Or you could just buy an Android.

Maybe next year :)

EDIT:

[video=youtube;ciI5RkJLhhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciI5RkJLhhA[/video]​

This technology will make me convert to android (SAMSUNG) :cool:

Last edited:

yikes81

There is one benefit to Apple being such Nazi's. The IOS has decent security as if it is used properly as designed, then there is great quality control.

Yacalo

I have my iphone jailbroken on the stock 5.1.1 software, when i jailbroke mine there was no jailbreak available for the 6.*.* software..

Is there anyway i can upgrade without losing all my packages/games i have installed?

I have a number blocker because people from different states kept calling me lol & i don't want to lose that either

Thanks in advance for any replies!

SpyderBite

Well didn't knew jb was legal, I guess that's it then.

Legal yes. But it is a breach of the EULA. Which means that you are essentially voiding your warranty. While I was a Genius in an Apple store, I had to turn away 10-15 people who brought their jail broken devices in for service. Obviously one can just do a DFU restore and then bring it back; which I often suggested. But most people spend a lot of time customizing their jail broken iPhones.

IMO, if you want a fully customizable device buy an Android based device. I prefer the simplicity and seamless ecosystem of the stock iOS.

iOS is designed with the "average consumer" in mind. That's my Mom. It is not designed for the small niche enthusiasts. This is on purpose so people like my Mom are not screwing up their settings, installing unsafe apps and in turn, standing in line or waiting on the phone for support. :)

jacobberke

Yeah it's completely legal. They had a debate over this like a year ago, you bought an iphone, you can do whatever you want with it. It's yours not Apple's. That's why Apple lost, :).