is there a convenient way to eject the DVD without having to open explorer?

I had that issue when the DVD is not burned well, i mean... Everytime i pressed the rouch button(eject) my laptop freezed for about 5 secs but there were no disc out. The only way to eject the disc (when not responding) is restart the laptop and in the boot screen press the touch button. It worked everytime for me.

I had that issue when the DVD is not burned well, i mean... Everytime i pressed the rouch button(eject) my laptop freezed for about 5 secs but there were no disc out. The only way to eject the disc (when not responding) is restart the laptop and in the boot screen press the touch button. It worked everytime for me.

Do you think that an update of the burning software would fix the issue? Or is the problem residing in the panel button software?

I belive its not software problem, i installed several versions of the software and nothing changed, the only way to "avoid" this issue is when i burn a disc, i have to select the "verify" box.

I think when the session is not clossed on any CD/DVD you put in your laptop, this one freeze's for some reason i still don't know. If anyone have had this issue and have solved it, please share, because everytime i insert a CD/DVD that i didn't burn, i hope my lap doesn't freeze x(

The problem is Alienware all have slot DVD drives, and so there is no eject button on the actual drive, or emergency eject hole in the drive. I hope my drive doesn't cause me grief. Otherwise my laptop will be just like my car. It has had my kids music CD stuck in there for the last 4 years now.

The problem is Alienware all have slot DVD drives, and so there is no eject button on the actual drive, or emergency eject hole in the drive. I hope my drive doesn't cause me grief. Otherwise my laptop will be just like my car. It has had my kids music CD stuck in there for the last 4 years now.

oh crap that is seriously bad

Try what i said.

Turn of the laptop and in the Boot screen press the touch button, it should eject the disc.

With that method, how would you manage a multi-disk software install if you have to reboot to insert a new disk, killing the installer in the process?

The button should work at all times, not just when you're staring at the boot screen... :p

P.S. it wasn't a burned disk that got stuck either, it was a factory punched alu disk.

Last edited:

Maelstrom

Feb 25, 2012
Alabama
I don't really mind the roundabout way of ejecting discs but I have had a problem with trying to use the smaller discs that you could easily put in a tray loader. I haven't had to use them in a long time but I found my self wanting to install Action Replay and the disc was to small to be detected by the slot loader. I had to go online and find somewhere to download the application instead.

Also, the first time I put a disc in the slot loader it scared the shit out of me when it snatched the disc from my hand.

I know it is not a permanent solution, not even a good solution but is the only one i know :s Sorry but there is nothing i can do at the moment.

I'll try to find another way to fix that problem. I'm pretty sure there is a combination of keys to force the disc eject.

Its ok, starting explorer, right clicking the disk and clicking "eject" isn't that hard... Dell just needs to sort that out