It shipped! From the UNITED STATES?? O-O

strangeseraph

I thought I'd ordered from Dell.ca! Unless it always ships from the US. I'm so confused. I don't want to pay import fees. X(

What do I say/do? At least its shipping. o_o But I do not like purolator, not one bit.

shankc

If they try to charge you import tax just don't except delivery and I would phone up just to check out what's happening but that's me. Hope it resolves itself for you bud good luck

DDuB420

What part of Canada are you in? East or west?
I know they have a facility in Toronto.

I agree with your purolator comment, I used to work for them for about a month.
All their packages go through a 3ft drop while at the transfer station :eek:
Wouldn't want my laptop going through that.

Mustangdave

I thought I'd ordered from Dell.ca! Unless it always ships from the US. I'm so confused. I don't want to pay import fees. X(

What do I say/do? At least its shipping. o_o But I do not like purolator, not one bit.

I ordered my 18 from the Dell.ca website and it was shipped from Nashville, TN to Nova Scotia.

strangeseraph

It seems to be different stories from different people. Maybe its designed to ship from whatever the closest facility is. In my case the closest facility is just over the border from me. If they do charge import I'll be angry, but it'll arrive today or tomorrow hopefully.

shankc

I agree I wouldn't want my laptop going threw that but I think all distribution services are automated now. I've heard a few stories of really expensive machines getting thrown in the back of delivery vans,left out in snow and rain its the world we live in. Sad but true

Mustangdave

You don't pay duty or fees when you buy from the host nation site. That's already included when make the purchase.