test

Jumbo lapdesk I bought from etsy

Djmothra

I thought I'd share this, I didn't see any other mention of one of these on here.

I bought a "Jumbo Lapdesk" on etsy for $89 to use with my new M18x and it's nearly perfect. I have space for the laptop and plenty of mouse area. Of course, it's huge, but not unmanageably so. The poly-fill used for the padding makes one side sit a little lower under the enormous mass of the laptop, but it's not a big deal for me.

Considering how tough it was to figure out something that would work like this, I'm sure someone out there would be interested.

Link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/64154591/gift-certificate-for-a-jumbo-lap-desk

I'm not the seller of these and have no affiliation with them. I've also only had it for a week, so I'll update this if it falls to pieces.

DDuB420

Is it comfortable with the weight of the laptop & it on you?
Is it heavy?

Djmothra

I'm very comfortable using it and I'm guessing it weighs less than 10lbs. The longest stretch I've had it on my lap was about 4 hous and it was fine. The top feels like some kind of particle board under the faux suede cover, but its pretty light and rigid.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Although much smaller, I went with this Logitech Lapdesk. It will fit up to an M18x. (some models have a built in speaker - you can skip that one and save some money)

I paid $30 about 3 months ago. This model (N500) seems to be discontinued and hard to find now.

Djmothra

The big thing for me was having space to use a mouse comfortably. That Logitech one looks much swankier though.

DDuB420

Thanks for the info, might be getting one for when I'm on the couch working from home.

Meaker

<b>Retailer</b>
I tend to go for 15.6" machines and I have that on my lap while I have a razer scarab mouse mat that comes in a handy carry case that makes it flat but is not cold like a metal mouse mat.

ripperbone

I have used the jumbo ones in a hotel in Texas. I liked it. lots of room for the mouse and laptop and remote