test

Just bought an ALX off Ebay

MattyB

I just had a massive moment of weakness and bought an old Aurora ALX off Ebay. It was from a good store and was only $1100 Australian which seems like a good deal. A base ALX R4 from Dell Aust is $3500 so I thought it would be good for a bit of a project. It has an i7-920, 1TB HDD, Windows 7 64bit and a crappy GTX260. I really just wanted the case but the parts will come in handy somewhere.

This is my first computer project so I will more than likely be asking for help.

MattyB

Don't know yet. I'll take any ideas from anyone. I've got to watch the credit card now so I won't be doing much for a few months. I bought an Optx monitor from Dell this morning too. That was before I had even thought about the ALX. I'll get some info over the next few months and go from there.

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
How much was the optx monitor? Used or new? I like Dell's high end 24" IPS monitor. They run $450 - $600 depending if they are on sale or not.

MattyB

Aurora ALX it's too expensive for me, I just want a X51 :C
Yeah I think so too. I have always wanted one though. Thats why I thought $1100 wasn't too bad to get my foot in the door.

How much was the optx monitor? Used or new? I like Dell's high end 24" IPS monitor. They run $450 - $600 depending if they are on sale or not.
It was $424 brand new from Dell. They are $499 but the Dell guy gave me 15% off. He was going to give me that discount last week when they were $469 but I didn't go for it unfortunately. Oh well. a few months back they were $350 on special. I should have stocked up!

Quick question. What model would it be? an R2 or R3? It didn't say.

Edit: I noticed a while ago that Dell had a special when ordering any unit you could get an Optx 27 inch monitor for half price. The full price was $750. I have never seen or heard of the 27inch version since.

MattyB

Cheers. I certainly will. Hopefully it gets to me from the UK in one piece!

BlackJair

$1100?!? Are you serious? I'd rather buy one like yours and not the M17x R4 am willing to get!

Dekstop ftw! :c

MattyB

$1100?!? Are you serious? I'd rather buy one like yours and not the M17x R4 am willing to get!

Dekstop ftw! :c
Well with the freight and extra charges it ended up about $1200. Still, I think that's pretty damn good. They have a few others on their site.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kryonet-Sales/_i.html?_nkw=alienware&submit=Search&_sid=570354833

Check them out.

Edit: If you decide to get one make sure you 'make offer'. Mine was listed at 799.99 pounds but I put in 750 and it was accepted straight away. Makes me wish I offered less......

BlackJair

Damn! i must sell my M17x R2 first T_T

Well, it may be not that bad, in México i can sell my AW in about $1000~$1200 Dls

MattyB

I think I remember you saying you were going to sell it some time ago. Time to upgrade I think! :)