test

Just ordered my Alienware X51

tomcoleman

Just ordered my Alienware X51 with the below specs

Alienware X51 : Matte Stealth Black Chassis (Config 7-2,8-2)
D08AND26
Processor : Intel Core i7-3770 (3.40GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 4C)
Ship Accessory : English Docs
Resource DVD : Alienware X51
Memory : 8192MB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Hard Drive : 1TB Serial ATA (7,200 rpm)
Optical Drive : DVD+/-RW (Read/Write)
Power Cord : UK 2M
Power Supply : Alienware 330W AC Adapter
Display : Not Included
Graphics : 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Audio : Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
Gaming Software : Steam Gaming forum and download application
Wireless : Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN
Mice : Alienware Optical Mouse
Keyboard : UK/Irish (QWERTY) Alienware Multimedia Keyboard
Operating System : English Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
Software : Datasafe Local 2.0 Basic
Antivirus Software Not included
AlienFX Colour : Astral Aqua

Due for delivery on 4th sep 2012

Ideally im looking to install a SSD

Something like the VTX4-25SAT3-512G.M - 512GB OCZ Vertex 4 M 2.5" SSD, SATA III, Read 560MB/s, Write 510MB/s, 120k IOPS Max looks good and is a decent size.

I can then run my OS/Games off this drive and anything meaty like videos / large files can go on either an external USB drive or keep the 1TB drive in the PC.

Has anyone done a mod where they have 2 x 2.5" SSD's? or 2 x SATA HDD's

any tips?

also does anyone have an ISO of Alienware disc? win7 pro

:cool:

sway

Congrats you will enjoy it.

Sent from my paranoid Nexus 7

JennyM

I ordered an identical system for my son on 22rd, was shipped on friday 24th, can't wait for it to arrive! Hope you enjoy your new system & good luck with the SSD. I'm waiting for the prices to drop :)

AeonSoul

I ordered an identical system for my son on 22rd, was shipped on friday 24th, can't wait for it to arrive! Hope you enjoy your new system & good luck with the SSD. I'm waiting for the prices to drop :)

Oh, so no desk sawing? :(

JDThird

JennyM - ordered on the 22nd and shipped on the 24th? Sounds like they really improved their build/delivery times. Glad to hear, I just ordered mine last Friday, the 24th. They gave me a delivery date of September 10th so at least I may get it on time. Got the same system the OP listed but an i5 since I don't game on it so wanted to keep heat down, and blu-ray. Using this to replace my current model Mac Mini as a media center PC for my TV. Getting fed up with Apple's boot camp and lack of updated drivers.

Already had an SSD in the mini and a data drive, so I'll have to check out the URL and see if it's something I want to do as well since i can easiily pull out those to use elsewhere.

tomcoleman

JennyM - ordered on the 22nd and shipped on the 24th? Sounds like they really improved their build/delivery times. Glad to hear, I just ordered mine last Friday, the 24th. They gave me a delivery date of September 10th so at least I may get it on time. Got the same system the OP listed but an i5 since I don't game on it so wanted to keep heat down, and blu-ray. Using this to replace my current model Mac Mini as a media center PC for my TV. Getting fed up with Apple's boot camp and lack of updated drivers.

Already had an SSD in the mini and a data drive, so I'll have to check out the URL and see if it's something I want to do as well since i can easiily pull out those to use elsewhere.

Mines showing as shipped

Lod, Poland 27/08/2012 23:00 Departure Scan to UK

EST delivery 30th.