Just ordered my M11x!

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks. I ordered a Nebula Red but they called me and said there were none available. They also said they were unaware of the model being discontinued. Obviously a lie. Why would there be no red ones then? They told me they would put an express on the shipping for me which will be nice if it happens.

Yesterday morning I was chatting online with a Dell sales rep and pleading my case trying to get a discount since I had just bought an M17x a few months ago. He said he couldnt do anything for me. Later in the day I decided to order one anyway since I had just heard they were discontinued. After I put my order in I checked my emails and he had sent me one saying before I purchased I should contact him to arrange a better deal. I contacted him and said that I had already bought one. He cancelled my order and put in a new order with a 5% discount. Not a big discount but since I had already paid for it I was pretty impressed they helped me out. The only thing is I have to wait 2 weeks for the refund on my first order.

MattyB

Resource Administrator / Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
It came with 8GB RAM. I was waiting for the next promotion but they lenghtened that one another week so I just went with it. Upgraded RAM, 5% extra off and faster shipping. I'm pretty happy with that. I really dont think I need that RAM though. More is always better I guess. I wasn't sure about ordering the Nebula Red at first but now that I can't get it I want it!