test

Just ordered the new 14

yikes81

On a whim I ordered a the new Alienware 14. Chose the base model fir $1499, upgraded the graphics card to the 765M.

I think it will be a gift to my brother in law for graduating high school.

I will use this to see if I want this or the razerblade for myself.

http://www.dell.com/au/p/alienware-14/fs

Tapatalk'n

sway

I grad in 2003, can I haz an awesome laptop please? That's a sweet gift, he'll def like it.

tappin from the Nexus 4

MattyB

Nice one buddy! Mine isn't too far away either. Got exactly the same as you. Last week they had a special with a 64gb cache SSD though. The manufacturing stage is complete so now I just have to wait for shipping. Did you get some discount from Dell? They give 5% off if you can find someone's student number to use. Doesn't matter whose.

MattyB

Awesome! They didn't have them up on their site when I ordered.

MattyB

My green tick has gone to In Transit. Should be With Local Carrier very soon the Delivered! :D

I forgot how exciting this was!

yikes81

Thanks for reminding me. I need to get the tracking number from jbhifi.

Tapatalk'n

MattyB

With Local Carrier now! :D Ordered on the 16th so it's been pretty fast compared to the old ones. I have to go to Sydney tomorrow until monday so I won't get it till next week unfortunately. Just before I fly back to work.

MattyB

Christening for my niece. Haven't been over for a while so it should be fun.

MattyB

The missus and I will be doing a little tour today. Darling Harbour, Circular Quay. That kind of tourist thing. Could do with a tour guide! Hahaha :D

yikes81

Tempting. Very tempting. But alas I cannot escape office meetings today. But I will be on annual leave as of thursday next week!

Tapatalk'n

MattyB

We changed our minds anyway. Going to relax in the apartment today instead. It'll all be there next time

Mustangdave

Nice one buddy! Mine isn't too far away either. Got exactly the same as you. Last week they had a special with a 64gb cache SSD though. The manufacturing stage is complete so now I just have to wait for shipping. Did you get some discount from Dell? They give 5% off if you can find someone's student number to use. Doesn't matter whose.

Yeah, I got boned by not qualifying for a student discount. Since I live in Canada and therefore in the Canadian market, and my University is American........ no bueno.....

yikes81

Dude that Sux. Still, it will be worth every cent you spent.

Tapatalk'n

Mustangdave

Yeah, I received it Friday afternoon. It took me a few hours to get accustomed to how damn big it is. I don't regret spending all that money. The only worries I have is if it will develop any problems. Being a member of this website reminds us of the few that do! I have gotten a few errors with my AlienFX to where I had to restart my 18 for the new lighting theme to be enabled. My spouse likes the laptop as well. In a few years I may get her the 14.

MattyB

My 14 will be here tomorrow! Got to wait from 9 to 5 for the delivery! Lucky I've got nothing better to do :)