Just ordered the new 14

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Nice one buddy! Mine isn't too far away either. Got exactly the same as you. Last week they had a special with a 64gb cache SSD though. The manufacturing stage is complete so now I just have to wait for shipping. Did you get some discount from Dell? They give 5% off if you can find someone's student number to use. Doesn't matter whose.

Nice one buddy! Mine isn't too far away either. Got exactly the same as you. Last week they had a special with a 64gb cache SSD though. The manufacturing stage is complete so now I just have to wait for shipping. Did you get some discount from Dell? They give 5% off if you can find someone's student number to use. Doesn't matter whose.

Yeah, I got boned by not qualifying for a student discount. Since I live in Canada and therefore in the Canadian market, and my University is American........ no bueno.....

Yeah, I received it Friday afternoon. It took me a few hours to get accustomed to how damn big it is. I don't regret spending all that money. The only worries I have is if it will develop any problems. Being a member of this website reminds us of the few that do! I have gotten a few errors with my AlienFX to where I had to restart my 18 for the new lighting theme to be enabled. My spouse likes the laptop as well. In a few years I may get her the 14.