Just ordered the new 14

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Got my 14 yesterday. I must say that I have to take back all the bad comments I made about the new design. This little thing is pretty sexy. I'm not sure how the 18 will look compared to my M18x but thumbs up for this small form factor design. If it were only thinner I would give it top marks. The keyboard feels great and really solid. The screen is fantastic. Now I just need Tommy to open up the signature allowance so I can put it in there! ;D

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah the older ones have a somewhat indented base so they don't look as fat. Still, they could've tried to make the new ones slightly thinner. I'm happy though. Just need to throw an SSD in there and I'm done

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

Something that is a little annoying though is that it seems they have done away with the White color in the AlienFX! I often set my keyboard to White and have the other zones in other colors. It's irritating me.

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Awesome! I think you'll like it. There are a few odd things about it. Not sure on the location of the power cable. It seems a bit wobbly where it is.

I just got the call from JBHIFI that my laptop has arrived. So I will be picking it up tonight since we have late night shopping.

Tapatalk'n

So how'd you go??

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Oh forgot it was for your brother in law. Still, you should probably open it up to see if it's working properly. It would be the right thing to do.....

They've also just changed the prices on the Dell site. The 14 originally started at $1499. Now it's $1699 with the 750M. Glad I got mine early.

Instead of finishing the order up online, I called in & was pleasantly surprised about not only retaining all of the discounts I applied when I was online, but the guy who assisted me with the order threw in 2nd day shipping & 1 free year of accidental Accidental Damage Service. I am anxious to get it now, since the last time I purchased a system was over 4 years ago.