Just Ordered!

Rocky104

Sep 1, 2013
Kansas
Hey everyone. Just bought my first AW/gaming PC. Been a Mac guy my whole life. But. Really excited to get my rig! I'm not entirely happy with my order experience. Actually I'm extremely pissed lol. I now know that it is in fact true when people say that dell/AW has the worst CS. So in a nut shell I have been waiting over 3 weeks to receive my rig when I in fact spoke to a supervisor about having it expedited. He said no problem that can be done. He said i would receive my item on or before August 29th. Well I called back. Actually got through after waiting 25 min on hold. They said my order was cancelled and re ordered? No idea why. This has happened twice already. So now they are unsure when I'll receive my package! My status currently says "In production" but it has said that for a week! There support team are a bunch of SOB's lol..

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Welcome! Seems like that has been happening a lot with the new models. Seems to be a US issue.

I had no issues at all with my 14. Ordered and delivered within 2 weeks.

Anyway, glad to lure you over from the dark side. I hope it's hassle free once you get it!

Rocky104

Sep 1, 2013
Kansas
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get it! Just want this nightmare to end. I'm afraid I'm gonna call them and some how some way they are gonna say u cancelled the order or something lol. Just really anxious! Can't way to get it!

Rocky104

Sep 1, 2013
Kansas
Shit is gonna hit the ceiling! Called them a bit ago and gave me the run around. Said I wanted a change of address or some crap. So the order was in holding? Never heard that. They said they were waiting for an update of address? Total complete bs! Why in the hell are they jacking with me? Payment went through. All $1300 of it! Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Trying to be very patient but all I get are different answers from different "Larry's and Teds" sure. "THANK YOU-COME AGAIN". Ahhhhhhhhhh

Well, it must be a US thing to have bad customer service issues because every Dell experience that I've had from the UK operation has been the exact opposite. I ordered my tier 4 AW17 on July 15 and it arrived 4 or 5 days ahead of schedule on the 24th. That was 9 days to get a top of the line machine and as I said, my experience of Dell has always been the same. The only glitch was when I ordered an XPS 15 laptop in late November 2011 and the delayed it for 6 weeks due to the holiday rush, or at least that's what they told me anyway.

But get this. I bought a Studio XPS 16 laptop in 2009 with a 12 month warranty. 4 months after the warranty expired, the blu-ray rom drive failed and swallowed my Mass Effect 2 disc, badly scratching it. I called customer services the next day and spoke to a very pleasant lady who gave me 3 options. 1. Buy a new laptop since a replacement drive would cost £500 or more to replace (not including the repair charges). 2. Pay for the repair myself at the costs just described. 3. Agree to a new 1 year premium warranty for £110 there and then and she'd send an engineer out the next day to replace the drive under warranty! To say I was stunned is an understatement. She then asked if I'd hold whilst she spoke to her manager, and then came back and said that because I was a good repeat customer I could have a 2 year warranty for the same £110. I bought the warranty and the next day an engineer turns up at my place of work and replaces the optical drive. It gets better, because when he reassembled the machine and booted it up, I could see that the new drive was reported as a BD-RW. He'd been given a blu-ray rewriter to replace my broken blu-ray rom drive! I cannot think of a better service than that experience. I got a £700+ repair done the next day to a machine that had been 4 months out f warranty for £110 and got a 2 year premium warranty at a knock down price as well.

Maybe I just got lucky. But Dell treated me well with the optical drive replacement and shipped me a tricked out top of the line 17 in 9 days flat so from my perspective, Dell are great.

I deal with Dell almost everyday, ordering pcs for a university and I have to say that their business service and deliveries most of the time is spot on but on occasion we do have issues like with any company. But when it came to ordering my aw my experience was great, I guess I was lucky as I happen to mention my order to our account manager and she put my order on priority so it arrived over a week earlier than planned.

Reading some of the messages around here about delivery it seems it might be a us thing, maybe the customer service department is different for different countries or maybe it's just so many in 10 that have issues.

It could be they had issues with your build and had to start a fresh, I have had that happen with a business order, the original order was cancelled and redone without them telling me about it and it was due to an issue with one of the components.

But when it comes to aw it is worth the wait!