Keyboard Backlight Issues

Ghalev

Just got this computer a couple of weeks ago (17 R5) and it seems to have gone a bit wonky after recent updates, maybe? Anyway. The symptoms are:

Everything lights up that should except the main keyboard and the number pad. All are editable in Command Center and the edits work just fine. So, all the side-lights and body lights are fine, and (inexplicably) the leftmost part of the keyboard (the macro keys), but no other part of the keyboard.

This is a work machine and I need these keys to light up. i don't care in which color. I work in a dark room and the machine is backlit, so the keyboard, when dark, is basically invisible. I touch-type so writing isn't an issue but many other functions require me to see the keys =(

I've done obvious stuff like rebooting, reinstalling CC, turning it to dim/dark and back again, switching themes, etc. All the fiddling I could think of.

Everything worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Also. I can confirm that those parts of the keyboard are getting juice because things like the Caps Lock and Num Lock indicator lights work just fine.

Ghalev

Ah well. Dell support couldn't help either. But it was new, so I could at least return it.