Keyboard's going...

Ianm63

Sep 20, 2012
UK
Tits up....quite alot of the time when I press the keys the I dnt get the letter on the sreen, I dont get this problem on my desktop's keyboard. As fr as I know, nothing needs upgraded....does ayone kow what's wrong?

ok, so basic trouble shooting? we are not talking about the laptop keyboard right? we are talking about a USB plug n play keyboard? if so, have you tested this on a different machine to confirm that it is the keyboard failing?

if it is a laptop keyboard, have you plugged in a USB keyboard to confirm that it is not a software issue?

Ianm63

Sep 20, 2012
UK
Yes laptop keyboard....havent plugged another in but will shortly

Having said this....the engineer was out today and replaced the motherboard, but when he was away, I tried it, keyboard was still the same, so will try this one on it....when I say this one, it's my 6-7 year old MS dekstop one but plug it into the laptop and see what happens. Will do a clean install of W7 pro too as he suggested that same

When he pressed 1, 2, 3, ect ect then "qwertyuiop" they worked fine, it's when you type, alot of the letters dont go on the screen, and I know fine I'm pressing them

DDuB420

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto ON CA
keyboardq.png
Note the black/blue ribbon under your keyboard, it might not be seated right in its connector. If your brave, take your keyboard off and reconnect it to make sure.