test

Keyboard's going...

Ianm63

Tits up....quite alot of the time when I press the keys the I dnt get the letter on the sreen, I dont get this problem on my desktop's keyboard. As fr as I know, nothing needs upgraded....does ayone kow what's wrong?

AeonSoul

Maybe your keyboard is just failing. If that's the case just call tech support to send a replacement over.

CJohnny

Careful when you call for tech.

High "Moisture" May by.......

If that is the case, don't tell them you drink while you play...

Ianm63

Maelstrom......how do I tell

CJ.....Not a gamer so shouldnt be that

I'll phone tech tomorrow

yikes81

ok, so basic trouble shooting? we are not talking about the laptop keyboard right? we are talking about a USB plug n play keyboard? if so, have you tested this on a different machine to confirm that it is the keyboard failing?

if it is a laptop keyboard, have you plugged in a USB keyboard to confirm that it is not a software issue?

Ianm63

Yes laptop keyboard....havent plugged another in but will shortly

Having said this....the engineer was out today and replaced the motherboard, but when he was away, I tried it, keyboard was still the same, so will try this one on it....when I say this one, it's my 6-7 year old MS dekstop one but plug it into the laptop and see what happens. Will do a clean install of W7 pro too as he suggested that same

When he pressed 1, 2, 3, ect ect then "qwertyuiop" they worked fine, it's when you type, alot of the letters dont go on the screen, and I know fine I'm pressing them

moonfox

I've had problems with the right shift key sometimes... Maybe just not holding it long enough and let go before i hit whatever other key... no problems otherwise

DDuB420

Note the black/blue ribbon under your keyboard, it might not be seated right in its connector. If your brave, take your keyboard off and reconnect it to make sure.