Killer Wireless N 1103 Connectivity Issues

Soylent Gamer

I got this M17x R4 about a year and a half ago, I got the Killer Wireless-N 1103. Recently though, I have become incapable of browsing the web. I can still log in to Steam through the steam client, and I am capable of messaging people and seeing if they are online. Stranger still, my other laptop can browse the web, so it obviously isn't an issue with our router.:mad:

Last edited:

shankc

Try opening the killer control panel reset to default then set your upload and download speed either manually or by scanning the network hope this helps

ejohnson

The 1103 cards had a few issues like that... not sure there is much of a fix either. I think the only thing I have heard is to back track the drivers as far back as you can.

shankc

I have never had any issues with the card since setting it up properly in fact the rest of the family hate it as it makes the wife's and my son's broadband go slow as the killer card gets priority :)

ejohnson

See, I have never had issues with my 1102 or my 1202, but my 1103 is giving me hell all the time. "no internet" anytime something big is downloading, or I am gaming. I find if I turn off steam the system is just fine though.

DeRon1

Having the same issues with my intel(r) centrino(r)wireless-N 2230 and sent it back! they changed it out and the mobo but still occasionally exists! What Do I do now

ejohnson

I went into the adapter settings and turned off "allow windows to turn this device off to save power" signal is holding strong now without issues. No more "no internet" issue :)

shankc

You never think of the simplest things I do that with all my wireless devices but forget to recommend to others

fartman2001

Simple to solve the problem.
You just need to upgrade/downgrade your BIOS version to A12.

And all problem will disappear :cool: