test

Killer Wireless N 1103 issues

mtopp

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with the Killer Wireless card in the M18X. I have tried various different driver versions and have finally found one that is fairly stable but still causing me issues. If I use the one from the Dell Support site I can reboot and be connected to my wireless connection for about 1-2 minutes and then it just drops off. I am now using a driver directly from Qualcomm/Atheros (version 10.0.0.75). This has allowed me to remain connected wirelessly for the most part. What is happening now though is that about every 15-20 minutes all network traffic communication ceases. It will stop for about the length of time it takes to ping 10 times. It will come back on its own or I can hit Disconnect and Connect on the wireless task tray icon and it will immediately reconnect.

I am not using the Killer application software, don't even get me started on the problems that introduced...

I have tried connecting to 5 different types of wireless access points, Linksys, Cisco, HP, Belkin and Fortinet all exhibit the same behaviour. All other laptops that are connected to these various access points do not show this disconnect/traffic interruption behaviour.

Has anyone run into these issues and were you able to resolve them?

Thanks!

ripperbone

I had the same problem on my M17x-R3 and all i did was download the driver (Version: 6.1.0.395) from Killer Wireless, uninstalled the wireless card and dell driver, rebooted and installed the Killer driver and havent had the problem since. so im guessing you might have a bad wireless card

nhorn1983

ya always download the latest friver for the killer site itself. dells are so out dated