Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Eirreann

So how is the game itself? I haven't been able to find out much about it since it came out...

ThatOldGuy

Overall its "fun" (I wouldn't say exciting or groundbreaking), and there are plenty of quests to keep you occupied (Iv'e completed 88 and have over 25 outstanding with 70% of the world explored). The graphics and art are... different (Think fable). The Combat is nothing new, but I like it. Biggest problem is that Its too easy! I play as a warrior and I haven't died once, never even been below half health on medium difficulty. You can spam potions without cool-down, and you find them everywhere, so hard difficulty is "medium" at best. Worth $60... NO! It needs work with the difficulty, and there are still bugs (like unable to get some completed quest items out of inventory. I would say wait for patches and price drops.

deadremix

i was planning to get this, but probably wait for it to be patched a few times

AeonSoul

Overall its "fun" (I wouldn't say exciting or groundbreaking), and there are plenty of quests to keep you occupied (Iv'e completed 88 and have over 25 outstanding with 70% of the world explored). The graphics and art are... different (Think fable). The Combat is nothing new, but I like it. Biggest problem is that Its too easy! I play as a warrior and I haven't died once, never even been below half health on medium difficulty. You can spam potions without cool-down, and you find them everywhere, so hard difficulty is "medium" at best. Worth $60... NO! It needs work with the difficulty, and there are still bugs (like unable to get some completed quest items out of inventory. I would say wait for patches and price drops.
I kind of agree with this, but the game has some nice features, which can be greatly improved on future releases. Overall it's an enjoyable game with a nice combat system. Storywise I'm not that far, but so far it ain't that bad but it ain't either that good. But I suppose it's the major downside of these sandbox games. You get caught up in doing subquests and somehow you just forget about the main storyline D:

Jenova

Played the demo and thought it was a dragon age knock off. So I haven't given it a further try. I liked dragon age but it was just too reminiscent of it, so I actually removed my preorder at GameStop lol.

wanted to try but something inside me didn't let me
maybe its boring and just a rip off
and the graphics are meh

Jenova

wanted to try but something inside me didn't let me
maybe its boring and just a rip off
and the graphics are meh
It didn't stand out to me. Just a dragon age clone. Might not have been if I gave it more of a chance but they should have made the demo a bit more exciting :p

AeonSoul

Well no, Dragon Age is way better than KOA for sure, but I didn't saw KOA as a Dragon Age rip off. I'm a big DA fan, and I'm still playing KOA, but I didn't found anything that made me think of DA tbh.

Jenova

Not story wise, combat wise. I found the combat system to be almost identical. The fighting combos, the skills, the talents, even the UI.
Maybe not story or maybe not TOO graphics-wise..but everything else IMO.

AeonSoul

Uhm, are you referring to DA:O or DA2? Cause either way as far as it goes for me KOA seems more action-centered than both.

ThatOldGuy

KOA feels like a hack and slash, the only thing similar is the ability bar and cooldown, which all RPG's seem to have now.

Jenova

Well, guess I didn't give it too much of a chance then or held dragon age too high above its head.

I love DAO, DA2 was a big disappointment idk but somehow KOA wasn't very appealing even considering the fact that the likes of McFlaren were involved