Latest 2012 BIOS for the Aurora 7500 - R4 - Hard to find!

Oct 22, 2018
Hey everybody

I'm so happy this forum exists, I'm pretty much out of ideas so thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I bought a used Blue Aurora 7500 - R4. It's the AMD model that didn't come with the liquid cooler (too bad that thing looks cool).

Its giving me some erratic behaviour with a newer video card, and I saw that the latest version of the bios addresses some incompatibilities with PCI-E.

The board is a Foxconn AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H. No problem getting the latest firmware from Foxconn's website, but here's the issue.

The AWDFLASH application ( version 8.99, and a bunch of the 5.0 versions and below) refuses to flash over the existing bios because it has a slightly different "Alienware" branded ID. From what I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong) there is no difference between the board in the computer and the boards they sold separately. Same SN and everything!

After trying for hours to find a repository for the files that were once hosted by the pre-Dell Alienware website, but all I've found are links to the Dell driver site for the new Alienware models.

I'm not even sure if they took the latest Foxconn BIOS from 2012 and made a special "Alienware" version of 612W1P36 (the latest version) before they folded up everything and sold off to Dell. I'm sure you guys have a better idea of how that worked out that I do.

So you can see why I'm here.

As I see it my options are.
1. Be informed on some special flag (or different version) for AWDFLASH that will force the new BIOS on the chip?
2. Buy the original Foxconn motherboard (the serial numbers are identical, but other brands have their own flavors and slight modifications)and either pop the BIOS chip out and swap it or just swap the entire board. I've found some ebay listings from 2013, but that's about it lol. Nobody seems to sell BIOS chips separately. This board is rare it seems.
3. Acquire the legit BIOS from one of you glorious people who know where I can find these files. Please god.....

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have no problem sending some cash from venmo for the right files (no joke).

Whatever it takes at this point. I've never had this hard of a time updating a BIOS lol!

Thanks in advance.

IT Guy Nealon