League of Legends-looking for people to play with.

durbin209

Hey all you who play league add me and maybe we can do some matchs haha names DurbDurb!

Eirreann

whats it on? i could help ya ;)
I'm comparing two periods of American Literature (Civil War period and WWII period [I wanted to do English literature, but it's an American university....]). All I really need at the moment are some good resources, so if you know of any good books/databases/articles/journals, I'd appreciate it!

durbin209

hmmm. well im sure i could find out some books from my grandpa and give you them names. I am sure he has some books. (he's a book nut hahah) and you are doing them on the literature? how so? comparing and contrasting?

Eirreann

hmmm. well im sure i could find out some books from my grandpa and give you them names. I am sure he has some books. (he's a book nut hahah) and you are doing them on the literature? how so? comparing and contrasting?
Comparing and contrasting, precisely! Just in the ways that the writing styles differed and how they displayed peoples thoughts and feelings of those periods in history. Both were during a war so there's comparison, but the basis of the war was different, thus the contrast.
Thanks for offering to help, I appreciate it!

durbin209

oh ok. One was genocide and economical depression for germany one was (well multiple reasons. not sure which is the true one, My grandpa says that it was over the taxes and cotton sale and other people say that it is to save the slaves) my belief is that it was over the cotton sales and economical problems. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Eirreann

oh ok. One was genocide and economical depression for germany one was (well multiple reasons. not sure which is the true one, My grandpa says that it was over the taxes and cotton sale and other people say that it is to save the slaves) my belief is that it was over the cotton sales and economical problems. Just my opinion.
The civil war was a bloody mess.... but the literature however is still pretty good...
I just got back from the library with a bunch of books on the topic.

durbin209

yes the civil war was bloody, many lives lost. But what you can include is for WWII is that they created atomic bombs.

AeonSoul

well my summoner name is AeonSoul, but I'm playing on EU West servers D:

Eirreann

yes the civil war was bloody, many lives lost. But what you can include is for WWII is that they created atomic bombs.
True, true. But since it's on the literature I won't be talking about the wars themselves much at all...

Maelstrom

I guess LoL is someone related to American History... Oh well, I play on NA servers and my summoner name is Maelstrom147 (I kind of use the same name theme with everything I need a username for).

Eirreann

I guess LoL is someone related to American History... Oh well, I play on NA servers and my summoner name is Maelstrom147 (I kind of use the same name theme with everything I need a username for).
Hahaha, it definitely doesn't! We just got off-topic about a research paper that I'm writing....
Anyway, I'll send an invite your way!

Maelstrom

I just got the idea of an AWO ranked team. If there is enough people to join that is.

Eirreann

I just got the idea of an AWO ranked team. If there is enough people to join that is.
I'd love to join in! However, I have a very tight schedule as it is so I probably wouldn't be able to always participate... (oh, but when I get my Aurora, that'll change, hahaha!)