test

Lifespan on the water cooler?

zViiNz

I heard there's a 2 year life span on most coolants in custom loops but does that also apply to the stock cooler that came on my R3? It's been around 1.5 years since purchase and I'm wondering if I'm going to need to replace it any time soon.

MattyB

From what I have seen, the AW coolers should be good for about 4 years.

holeyguy66

I've had mine almost 2 years and did great. But asetek rates for 50, 000 hours to be exact.

Commy1

Anyone know the life-span of the Corsair H100? I've had it less than a year so I'm not worried at all, but just for the sake of knowledge.

BlackJair

I used water cooling once... It lasted only 1 year. I belive it depends on the use? Because the Desktop where it was installed was a Server and in a "hot" room.

zViiNz

Thanks for the helpful info, but how do you know when your water cooler is getting to the end of its lifespan? Will the temps just start getting hotter?

holeyguy66

Thanks for the helpful info, but how do you know when your water cooler is getting to the end of its lifespan? Will the temps just start getting hotter?
I believe so I'm actually swapping mine out for a custom loop install since I already have a cusrom loop for my graphics cards