Liquid Cooling in an X51 R3

Flinter

Hello, about 6 months ago I upgraded my CPU in my X51 R3 to an i7 6700k @ 4.00GHz from an i3 (I forget the specs), though I kept the same fan. Lately the fan has been running a lot louder than it used to. I have wanted liquid cooling for a long time anyway, but from what I can tell, the units are a bit large for the R3. I'm curious if anyone has ever put a liquid cooling unit in the R3 after purchasing it with air cooling, and if so, what unit did you use? I'm not all that hardware savvy, but from what I've seen the liquid cooling units have 2 connections, 1 for the pump and 1 for the fan if I understood correctly. Does the R3 even have these ports? Thanks in advance!

MURRARI

Hello, about 6 months ago I upgraded my CPU in my X51 R3 to an i7 6700k @ 4.00GHz from an i3 (I forget the specs), though I kept the same fan. Lately the fan has been running a lot louder than it used to. I have wanted liquid cooling for a long time anyway, but from what I can tell, the units are a bit large for the R3. I'm curious if anyone has ever put a liquid cooling unit in the R3 after purchasing it with air cooling, and if so, what unit did you use? I'm not all that hardware savvy, but from what I've seen the liquid cooling units have 2 connections, 1 for the pump and 1 for the fan if I understood correctly. Does the R3 even have these ports? Thanks in advance!

Alienware makes a liquid cooler for the R3 from factory. However it does not do that great of a job. I am in the midst of creating a custom loop for mine, perhaps you can do the same.