test

Logitech G19 keyboard and Alienware x58 motherboard issues.

randy161

Hello, let me first off say I previously had a G15 and never a problem. I bought the G19 a couple of days ago.

Official Thread

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Ser...790i-motherboards-Official-thread/td-p/433799

What I have done:

Yesterday I spent over an hour plugging and unplugging it, in every different usb port on the back and front of my computer. All I got was device not recognized, then when I was about to give up it loaded the drivers and was fine for the day. I know when I boot up tonight it will be back to the same problem.

I haven't tried changing the bios as of yet as I don't want to mess the system up over a keyboard, though when I boot up it says A11 I believe. Its an Alienware Aurora bought it 2010, and it says the motherboard is an Alienware x58 according to the CPU moniter program. Intel utlitiy tool says I have the latest drivers and Dell, well they just wanted to sell me a $450 warranty upgrade. So at this point I'm kinda stuck and I would like the keep the keyboard as I use the G keys a lot.

I am curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and knows what to do to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DDuB420

See if theres a update for your Intel Chipset, If your on current, try a reinstall. Updating the chipset, updates the SM Bus controller, which might help you correct this problem your facing with USB issues.

Worth a shot....

Are you overclocked?

randy161

If I remember correctly the system came overclocked from Alienware, i have never changed it.

I went to intel and used the chipset utility tool and it said I am up to date. I am curious though as the system says the motherboard is manufactured by alienware if that would hinder the updates? When I go to Dell and enter my service tag there is an update from March 2012 but I am not sure how to tell and Dell wouldn't help me as my warranty has expired.

DDuB420

If I remember correctly the system came overclocked from Alienware, i have never changed it.

I went to intel and used the chipset utility tool and it said I am up to date. I am curious though as the system says the motherboard is manufactured by alienware if that would hinder the updates? When I go to Dell and enter my service tag there is an update from March 2012 but I am not sure how to tell and Dell wouldn't help me as my warranty has expired.

I would try to install it anyways, if your up to date your just overwriting files you already have, worth a shot.

AeonSoul

R: Logitech G19 keyboard and Alienware x58 motherboard issues.

Well you can check your chipset driver revision and/or number and compare it with the one on Dells website. Other than that I would try to reinstall the usb drivers and see if that fix it.

randy161

So now that I am at home it is a I7 920 @2.67 GHz core speed 3210.5 MHz

Motherboard according to CPU-Z

Alienware
Model # 04VWF2
Intel Chipset X58

Bios Brand Alienware Version A11

Question how do I go about checking the chipset revision and or compare it?

AeonSoul

your revision is A11, and that should provide you plenty of info I guess. on the DELL download page there should be written what revision the driver is.