test

Looking for a replacement

wat4

I know this is probably a long shot but im looking for a replacement SPE0006MAT1B IDE control board for the side panel. I got a little too frisky bending the pins trying to find the right angle. I know these are probably stupid rare but I thought I would ask.

If I cant find a replacement im taking it to the local electronics supply store to see if I can find some surface mount connectors like the ones on the board, pretty sure I can re-solder them on there, or if anyone here knows what surface mount pins I could use that would be great as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 10

Eakers

Hello there!

When building my case, I ran into a ton of issues whereas it was from a heavy smoker and a lot of things were bent or destroyed. While the original case was about $100, I spent another $400 buying three other used cases. By combining all the pieces from all four cases, I was able to make to fully complete cases and have a ton of spare parts.

I know that I have this part for sure in stock and I could sell it to you if you wish to. Still, if you think you'll ever want to try experimenting with the case such as cutting holes in it you may rather wish to just buy a cheap secondary case on eBay to have a full selection of your own spare parts.

wat4

ya I would take it if you have a spare, spares for these are super hard to come by, these are the gen before the more common ones I see on ebay.

Eakers

I will be going home for Christmas, and will then be able to dig through my parts to look for the board. I would still get a price quote from the electrician, as I am unsure if mine is bent/ unbent as well.

greyrabbit

I have had a lot of trouble keeping mine in contact with the panel and have been thinking of removing the one from the panel and fixing them together and then using a plug, I have tested it and seems to work.

wat4

ya I have no doubt a connector would work but I'm a glutton for punishment and I like original equipment.

Eakers

The spare I found is ben worse-off than the one pictured above. :/

These take quite the beating, especially from years of opening and closing the case. I would be interested to see how someone goes about making a plug or connector replacement.

Eakers

Here is a picture of it. Where you looking to buy this part now, or did you want to acquire a whole case?

alienboard.jpg