M11X future discounts

VagrantXeth

With this model being DC'd, I wonder if that will mean that the M11X will be discounted to a clearance price in order to move the last remaining units. If so I wonder how soon that would be and if they would limit customization options so that they could get rid of them quicker. That would definitely be interesting!

ThatOldGuy

Alienware retains value very well. I wouldn't be surprized if people bought them up to resell on ebay for a premium. R2's are selling for around $600- $800 still.

VagrantXeth

I like the portability of a laptop, but prefer the versatility of a desktop. But if it was discounted, I might really consider picking one up if the price was right.

ThatOldGuy

I don't think you will regret it if you only have a desktop; jump on one as soon as the price drops.

sway

I say get one I payed a lil over a grand for mine by adding crap on, I don't regret this laptop at all. I took it to maui and watched almost a whole season of sons of anarchy from maui to san francisco 5hr flight, I still had almost 30% left on battery. It was brand new then but still pretty amazing. Not heavy lugging it around 3 airports, gaming is awesome for what it is... I have the r1. I bought a portable disk drive when I got the laptop and only used it once in over a year.

MattyB

Staff member
Im sure it will go down. As soon as I buy something, the price drops automatically straight after. Its science.

VagrantXeth

Im sure it will go down. As soon as I buy something, the price drops automatically straight after. Its science.
Not science, Murphy's Law, same thing happened when I bought my X51. As soon as I got it they started offering the $100 gift card! As for watching an entire season of Sons of Anarchy, that says a lot for the battery life, BTW that show is awesome, can't wait for the new season!

Maelstrom

I'm not sure if the price will drop that much because they don't have a warehouse of these things stored up somewhere; they only have them when they custom build them to someones request. They may still have the parts but a lot of that could get used for a future model.

MattyB

Staff member
A week after I bought my M17x they had free memory upgrades up to 16GB. I had paid for the upgrade which cost me about $400 (I hadnt realised how cheap RAM was to buy yourself). I was pissed off! Happens every time.