test

M11x R1 Hinge Issue.

Roamingmark

Hey all,

Just picked up an M11x R1 on the cheap from ebay and was wondering if it was worth contacting Dell to see if they would repair the hinge issue that is a known defect with these laptops?
Still waiting on the laptop being delivered from the US so dont have the service tag etc to contact Dell with yet.
What ya reckon?
I can fx the hinges myself but was wondering if Dell still repaired these outside of warranty.

MattyB

It's worth a try but I don't think you'll have much luck. I think they will tell you that they would cover the original owner only. Can't hurt trying though. Let us know how you go.

yikes81

I didn't think that anything bought from eBay was covered by warranty. Though I could be wrong.

Tapatalk'n on the Galaxy S4

AeonSoul

There was a post on this forum, I believe DDuB made it, where he linked an article (if I recall correctly) that stated that warranty doesn't transfer when you buy an used AW.

Roamingmark

There was a post on this forum, I believe DDuB made it, where he linked an article (if I recall correctly) that stated that warranty doesn't transfer when you buy an used AW.

Aye, totally understand that but this is a fault that is known to Dell and they did actually repair a lot of the R1's that were out of warranty.

Will keep you posted once I have received the laptop.

Don.Wong.W.L

Yes it is possible. I had my m11x R1 for 4+ years and they did a replacement of the whole lcd screen (because the lcd comes together with the hinge) for me recently when I called in.