test

M11x r1 original pre-installed software and drivers

ernest.mecca

I know there has to be someone somewhere that has to have a collection of all the original software and drivers that was shipped with the computer, dell's site has 'placemark' drivers that will satisfy the device manager, but don't actually work in practice. even after a clean install of windows 7 and finding drivers that would actually allow switchable graphics, (the r1's GT335m didn't support optimus, or if it did it no longer works on my device) the nvidia graphics would break and split the screen into four clones.

MattyB

I don't think it had Optimus but it did have switchable graphics. I believe you had to use a function button to swap (similar to the M18x).

Windows 10 should automatically find the drivers you need but it's surprising that Dell don't have all the drivers on their website.

ernest.mecca

I’ve had to completely reinstall the graphics driver so many times that I’ve concluded it just won’t happen, I’d have to get it factory reimaged and I’ve already reformatted and reinstalled both versions of Windows so many times.