test

m12x ips upgrade

ejohnson

So I got a 12.5 inch ips display today. Hooked it up and it works :)

I still need to mod the bezel a bit, but it should fit just perfect.

I must say, the screen is amazing! clear, anti glare, blacks are actually black and not gray.

MattyB

No way! That is awesome. That's the only con with the M11x. Screen could have been better. I want that bad!

ejohnson

When I get home I will part the link to the screen for like 60 bucks

- - - - - Updated - - - - -

When I get home I will part the link to the screen for like 60 bucks

sway

Wait, you put this screen in the m11x?

tapping from the Note II

MattyB

Where did you get the screen from? How easy (difficult) was it to install?

ejohnson

Wait, you put this screen in the m11x?

tapping from the Note II

Yep :)

Where did you get the screen from? How easy (difficult) was it to install?

Got it off amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/LG-PHILIPS-LP125WH2-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT/dp/B009XS0VHC
$70.00
Really simple, its plug and play. I need to mod the bezel a bit to fit the screen, but it shouldnt be too much work.

Wow...looks amazing. I love IPS screen. Worth every penny!

For sure.

I will do a side by side with my wifes m11x to show you how much better the ips really is on this computer.

Last edited:

ejohnson

Here are a few side by side shots of a stock screen and the IPS screen.. stock right, ips left.

As you can see, the colors are amazing.

MattyB

It's hard to get Amazon to send stuff down here. I may have to get you to send one down for me. Didn't take long for me to use that favor! :D On that note, the speakers are all wrapped up and ready to post tomorrow. If you like, I can go down and get the exact price of shipping just in case it's more than expected then send them Tuesday unless you're happy for me just to do it straight away.

I'll be interested to see how the bezel mod goes. If it looks easy enough, I think I'll give it a go.

ejohnson

It's hard to get Amazon to send stuff down here. I may have to get you to send one down for me. Didn't take long for me to use that favor! :D On that note, the speakers are all wrapped up and ready to post tomorrow. If you like, I can go down and get the exact price of shipping just in case it's more than expected then send them Tuesday unless you're happy for me just to do it straight away.

I'll be interested to see how the bezel mod goes. If it looks easy enough, I think I'll give it a go.

Let me know anytime. As long as my father is in town, I get 75% off shipping with fedex... best part, its 2 day air mail, so you would get it right away from me.

MattyB

How did you go with the bezel? Need some finished pics....and maybe a nice vid

AeonSoul

I could actually consider doing this on my m17x, if I wasn't such a total mess when it comes to this stuff, so I'm pretty sure I will **** something up :D

MattyB

I think I'll give it a go on the M11x. The screen is the only letdown of the little beast. Hopefully the better screen won't impact FPS too much. Not sure what the go is there.

ejohnson

I have not had a chance to do anything more than plug it in, but it doesn't change fps in game, just makes it look better.
Let me know if you want one and I can order it for you.