test

m15x FX lights

BRUCE

Hi,I'm new here,I just bought a m15x (before Dell) laptop and the FX lights are on red but it seems I dont have the FX software installed and I cant change the colors.I have the extreme 9000 CPU,Geforce 9800,Windows 7 64 bit.Please help me figure this out.

SpyderBite

The Alienware Control Center which includes Alienware FX is available for download from the Dell Support website. Make sure you type in your service tag correctly so that you get the correct version of the software for your model.

MattyB

Looks like he has the Area-51 m15x. From what I can see the Command Center for that is a little harder to find since it's pre-Dell.

SpyderBite

Looks like he has the Area-51 m15x. From what I can see the Command Center for that is a little harder to find since it's pre-Dell.

Good point. Should have noted that from the gpu specs he/she posted in the OP. :/

BRUCE

Yeah,I have the pre dell,and I'm having a hard time finding the corect software since I cant go into Hive.Anybody have any help?

MattyB

You may need to try to find a resource disk for your machine. Looks like these guys may have something, for a price. You would have to contact them to see exactly what is included on the disk and to make sure it's not for the Area-51 desktop.
Other than that you could try to contact Dell about it. There is a small chance they could point you in the right direction.

- - - - - Updated; Double Post Auto Merged - - - - -

OK maybe try this link out. It seems someone may have found the answer to the same issue.

BRUCE

I did check out that site,the download for FX is not working anymore,I'll keep looking on that site for another fix but it looks like I might need a disk with it to get it now?Didnt think it would be so hard to find but it is.Thanks

I got the command center loaded but now my keyboard lights are not on or is there a command for them in command center.Still looking for a fix.

MattyB

What version of command center is it? Is it the right one for your model?

Was it that Dropbox link that you tried to download from my previous link I sent? I downloaded the file from the guys dropbox link and it came up with all these drivers. As I don't have your machine this is about as far as I can go with it. Did you get all these?

Dwm 2013-05-07 10-52-03-32.jpg

I would try getting on that forum and asking Protivakid for the info. It was only Feb this year that they were talking about it so he should be able to help you.

BRUCE

Yes it was from the dropbox you listed,thanks for the info,but I'm having trouble with the site fully loading.I've only got into it twice,I'll keep tring,thanks again MattyB

PS.Its command center 1033

BRUCE

I finally got my keyboard lights working also.I had to download AlienFX color wheel and I still have command center also.Weird but they both work.

MattyB

That's awesome news! Must be a big relief. Maybe you could post the steps you took to get it working on here just in case others need that help one day.