test

M15x fx not working

balthazar72

hi all i just bought a M15x it has win 10 but fx wont work no lights at all can anyone help please

MattyB

Hello, If you try to install AlienFX and you get a Microsoft warning when trying to run AlienFX or there is no option to choose zones then you have a corrupted AlienFX chip on your motherboard. Alienware messed up and put the wrong Command Center Application onto some of the Resource CD's that came with certain laptops. When people tried to reinstall Command Center using this CD it would cause the chip corruption. There are two ways to fix it. One is to find a chip programmer and the correct program and file to reflash the chip (there is just about nobody in the world who still knows how to do this) and the second option is to replace the motherboard.
It was a huge mistake by Alienware and many people had this issue. They do not offer support any longer for people who have the problem.

balthazar72

Hello, If you try to install AlienFX and you get a Microsoft warning when trying to run AlienFX or there is no option to choose zones then you have a corrupted AlienFX chip on your motherboard. Alienware messed up and put the wrong Command Center Application onto some of the Resource CD's that came with certain laptops. When people tried to reinstall Command Center using this CD it would cause the chip corruption. There are two ways to fix it. One is to find a chip programmer and the correct program and file to reflash the chip (there is just about nobody in the world who still knows how to do this) and the second option is to replace the motherboard.
It was a huge mistake by Alienware and many people had this issue. They do not offer support any longer for people who have the problem.
thank you for reply and there was me thinking i got a bargain

MattyB

You can find new boards on Aliexpress for around $50-60USD.
I also found a cheap M15x that had the same issue. I grabbed a new board from Aliexpress and it worked great......for about a month and the new board blew up. I have the original board back in it now. No lights again.