m15x hd7970 video thermal issue please help

xombie

ok I bought a m15x that had the core i3 and the m240 in it , used and had a bad motherboard. I bought a new mobo and scraped the old and put in the i7 q720 in it along with the hd 7970 video card but since I put in the card my fans stay on all the time any 1 know why ?? I am using thermalgold compound I use it on my desk top and it keeps it about 10c cooler water cooled

m15x hd7970 2gb gddr5 i7 q720 8gb gskill 720gb hdd

Alienwulf

Make sure your Bios is up to date for one. Go to Dell support and make sure you have all your programs installed for that model. Also go to AMD and make sure you have the latest driver. Which you most likely did but just in case.

xombie

I have updated my bios and all drivers are up to date ... I have all the current programs installed...its not over heating or nothing and I paly most of my games maxed out , the fans don't bug me that much I just don't want to hurt nothing

Alienwulf

You can always go with a program like Speed fan or a GPU over clock tool that lets you profile your fan's and monitor your temps. I use Asus GPU tweak. Best for you is Afterburner has a very easy fan profile set up then you know whats going on. Just some ideas for you.