test

M17 R4 Bios A08 is out

sumsum

The Bios A08 is now officially released
ftp://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER00790406M/1/M17R4A08WIN.exe

DeRon1

i noticed that my bios is A09 and I would like to know if this will effect me placing a 2nd HDD in my Rig or the future install of ssd??

DeRon1

yes I haave the m17 r4 but I went to place the 2nd HDD in but the system did not notice it! Do I have to re install win 7 and all drivers in order to use the 2nd HDD. How do I get this started sooz I can have more storage. I also want the best possible performance i can get from this addition! HELP PLEASE

AeonSoul

Well usually you need to format the HDD before the system can take notice.
Search for disk management, it should be there. Format it and you get the extra storage.

DeRon1

AeonSoul,
I do think I did after I kill Disk it (removed all data). If I remember correctly there was a option to format upon completion! Now don't hold me to this because I am getting old and that was many chemotherapy sessions ago! What I am doing now is Dban Nuking it today to ensure that it is completely clean. If in fact it is complete the option to format will only be given in the new host PC correct?

Bare with me AeonSoul I am new to these techy parts:) and I am big enough to admit that I need you guys help!

I feel like a regular idiot here today. because all that has taken place over the last 6 months or so (my health and computer crashes) I am forgetting the simplest of things. ;) FORGIVE MY MELTDOWN m8's