test

M17 r4 Dots issue help needed.

Johnny82

Hi everybody i bought an Alienware m17 r4 2 months ago and everything was ok untill a week ago when i got some dots on the screen.They are predominant red and as more red color is on the screen the more dots i got.i was thinking that is a display problem but after 2 shutdowns the dots are gone and the laptop is working fine.And this is happening every time that the laptop stays closed a few hours(the restart does NOT work 2 shutdowns are needed).i did an update on the BIOS and on all the hardware but the problem is still there.i cannot do a fresh install cause i m abroad right now...does anybody else have this problem?any ideea on how to solve it?Thanks in advance and sorry for any misswritten stuff english is not my native language.

Maelstrom

Try updating your display drivers. If that doesn't work then there may be a problem with the graphics card(s) themselves(s).

Johnny82

Maelstrom as i already said i did an update on everything..including the 2 graphic cards(Intel HD4000 and gtx 675) and BIOS but that didn t help.Thank you for the reply.

tactrdfreak

Try leaving it open and turned off one night. In the morning, boot it up and see if they are still there. If they are gone, it's probably static electricity. In that case you can place an anti-static sheet over the keyboard when you close the laptop and the problem should go away. But, if they are there, then you have a display problem, not drivers.

Johnny82

Thank u for answering tactrdfreak but i already had a Dell technician taking care of it.Finally was a hardware issue(he replaced the LED) and i can say that they were quick(3 days!!)

yikes81

It sounds like you were getting some stuck pixels. There is a program that displays colours for a couple of hours to really give the pixels a workout, and this can usually resolve the issue. But I suppose that nothing resolves a pixel issue like a new screen.

Sent via Tapatalk