test

M17x Need help!

russvox

Hi Guys,

I have an M17x with the 680m card,

Last night i moved the laptop from the TV (HDMI) to the sofa... thats all I did, and ever since I havent been able to get out of integraded graphics,

Ive been through the Dell forums and uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers my head hurts,

Now I cant reinstall and Nvidia drivers,

The card is still visible in BIOS but im completely at a loss,

I really hope someone can help as its driving me nuts,

Thanks

Russ

calric

Sometimes that happens to mine if i just unplug the power chord from it- i'd recommend putting everything the way it was when you had it hooked up to your tv and then do a shutdown. (sometimes just a shutdown/reboot fixes it, but sometimes it takes a couple reboots) but i've found that putting it back to the state before it occured tends to work more often.

now that i know what causes it i know what "not to do" :D

hope that helps

russvox

Hi Guys, I had to do an Alien respawn factory re store. Bit of a bummer but Ill tell you what, everything seems to be a lot faster now its not clogged up with crap!
Well worth getting an external HD and backing up and restoring every 6 months from now I me thinks!!

kepano24

yeah the a11 bios messed my lighting up....so im still at a10...needless to say i thot u cudnt overwrite the new with old bios...but i found out after restoring...i was also getting shutdown issues via windows :waiting for program to close...which it never showed anything...since the restore im staying away from windows updates