m17x r3 NVidia GTX 580M graphics card performing poorly

Daikataro

Jul 9, 2016
Greetings everyone, I'm having a lot of issues with the mentioned laptop. Despite being supposedly, a gaming laptop, the graphics card is running VERY poorly. I can't even run LoL decently at medium settings, and am currently at a loss to what to do. Here's what I've tried so far:

-It's been acting like this since day 0 from a clean install

-Already uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, several times, both from NVidia

-Uninstalled and reinstalled Alien OSD, it claims "your graphics solution is automatically configured for optimal performance

-Tried forcing system to use NVidia card by disabling integrated graphics, screen goes black and nothing else

-Benchmarks give me real low grades, MSI Kombustor reports using the dedicated graphics card, but doesn't get past 7 fps on most tests.

Already opened laptop, I see no excessive amount of dust, and nothing blocking the fans. Checked RAM as well, seems to be working fine.

-When running MSI afterburner or Kombustor stress tests, fans stay oddly quiet, they don't even try to speed up

-I see the memory usage to be roughly 125mb from the 2048 available, why is it not using more?

What could possibly be causing this?