M17x R4 graphic card problem

timod

May 18, 2013
Melbourne
i have had my alienware for about 9 months now and its been working fine till today, it randomly started to freeze and restart my whole laptop while im in game, and its becoming more frequent, i can play dota 2 for about 5 minutes before its crashes and guild wars for about 10 before it crashes, its a problem with mostly all the games ive tried.
The card i use is a geforce GTX 675M, 1 second before it crashes i see these green lines on my screen then the sound freezes making a bad sound (like drdrdrdrdrdrdrdr) then it takes maybe 1 minute to start back up.

MattyB

Mar 19, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
I agree with Mr Soul. Sounds like a serious hardware issue. If you bought it new from Dell you should still have a next business day service warranty. I suggest to use it while you can. They will try to troubleshoot it first though. Try running the Dell Pre-boot assessment. While booting, press F12 to get into the boot menu and select the diagnostic tool (not sure what it's actually called). This will run a test through all your hardware. Make a note of any errors that come up and pass them onto Dell.

Email Darren @ Anzxps_AP@dell.com
He's been very helpful to me in the past.

timod

May 18, 2013
Melbourne
thanks for the help ill have to wait for monday till i can contact any companies, it would be pretty gay if my graphics card is dying so is there a possibility it might be the tempurature?
What would the average temp for a GPU be about, because while i play my games its around 80 c