test

M17x R4 graphic card problem

timod

i have had my alienware for about 9 months now and its been working fine till today, it randomly started to freeze and restart my whole laptop while im in game, and its becoming more frequent, i can play dota 2 for about 5 minutes before its crashes and guild wars for about 10 before it crashes, its a problem with mostly all the games ive tried.
The card i use is a geforce GTX 675M, 1 second before it crashes i see these green lines on my screen then the sound freezes making a bad sound (like drdrdrdrdrdrdrdr) then it takes maybe 1 minute to start back up.

AeonSoul

Might be your graphic card dying. Call tech support if you're still under warranty and ask for a replacement.

MattyB

I agree with Mr Soul. Sounds like a serious hardware issue. If you bought it new from Dell you should still have a next business day service warranty. I suggest to use it while you can. They will try to troubleshoot it first though. Try running the Dell Pre-boot assessment. While booting, press F12 to get into the boot menu and select the diagnostic tool (not sure what it's actually called). This will run a test through all your hardware. Make a note of any errors that come up and pass them onto Dell.

Email Darren @ Anzxps_AP@dell.com
He's been very helpful to me in the past.

timod

thanks for the help ill have to wait for monday till i can contact any companies, it would be pretty gay if my graphics card is dying so is there a possibility it might be the tempurature?
What would the average temp for a GPU be about, because while i play my games its around 80 c

kepano24

Its your card...I have the same card and nothing like that..but, my GF has an asus with an amd card it it does the exact thing you mentioned...already had one card replaced but its still junk.. :)

Dagger133

Well first the nvidia gtx 675 m isn't a very nice GPU (it is actually the same as a 580 m) and second, you should buy a cooler platform to put it on (I recommend CM pads) and you should clean the vents monthly